Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Please don't mention that name, the thought of it is giving me nightmares lol, even when he did ok at Saints 'wreck it Ralf' wasn't playing the way we do.
Same has really been the only name that keeps coming up. I really cant see us changing the striker postion now cant see dcl or beto leaving. But does worry me if was late in the window what we do to replace them

Some short memories (and dare I say hypocrisy) on here.. Richarlison was desperate to leave the club for the last 2 years he was with us, I would not want him back, same as I want DCL to leave if he wants out.
Neither represents the future of our club, Thelwells job is to find our future not spend (heavily) on the past.
Richy was a great servant, but like being jilted by a woman, you never go back. (Not that thats ever happened to me like.. 😆🥴😉)

Some short memories (and dare I say hypocrisy) on here.. Richarlison was desperate to leave the club for the last 2 years he was with us, I would not want him back, same as I want DCL to leave if he wants out.
Neither represents the future of our club, Thelwells job is to find our future not spend (heavily) on the past.
Richy was a great servant, but like being jilted by a woman, you never go back. (Not that thats ever happened to me like.. 😆🥴😉)
No he wasent, it was quite the opposite really

Are we aloud to have a presant?

Open your heart and let yourself love again

Well said.

Not wrong but right now we have added NDiaye and Lindstrom only losing Danjuma who did very little overall so that’s an improvement
Our defence was what kept us up and all that’s change is we’ve improved our CB third choice
We got 48 points last season so without deduction nonsense I’d take a small improvement on that given lack of spending power which should give us a safe but a little boring lower midtable season before we move into our new home and can hopefully spend again!
It COULD be an improvement I don't understand people saying it definitely is because on paper they aren't very exciting players. I'm not saying they won't be good but its 2 players who have failed at the highest level they've played at I don't think we should be counting any chickens about them improving us loads. I think we're probably at the same sort of level as last season maybe slightly better maybe slightly worse but not very clear either way.

Players are nothing. Cogs in a wheel. I've always thought it strange that they get anything like adulation. I dont support players; I support Everton Football Club.

Besides all that though, people forget - because they're Thatcher's children and / or they view everything through the prism of the Bosman era - that players did once upon a time (for most of football history) do the best by their own clubs by shifting out when the club thought it desirable.

This is something that many dont realise but is far more typical of player-club relations than those that happened post late-1990s.

We've ended up with the perverse spectacle of fans actually supporting players in their 'right' to determine how much (if anything at all) their own club receives for them and when they're moved on. In other words: fans acting against their own best interests as fans.

It truly is bizarre when we have people on here, therefore, BACKING a waster like DCL as he attempts to deny us all the circa £25M-£30M we desperately need to get players in to survive.
"People forget, probably because they aren't trolls like me, that players used to be indentured servants to their clubs and knew their place and that was a much better time because mill owners owned all the clubs and kids all had scurvy" - an Orange peel cat from the Jacob Rees-Mogg school of misty eyed bullshine.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back