Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

"People forget, probably because they aren't trolls like me, that players used to be indentured servants to their clubs and knew their place and that was a much better time because mill owners owned all the clubs and kids all had scurvy" - an Orange peel cat from the Jacob Rees-Mogg school of misty eyed bullshine.
Yeah, footballer's were treated like slaves before 1998.

Average annual top flight earnings for football players in 1998 = £380,000...average UK annual wages in 1998 = £15,000

'Indentured slaves'.

FFS.

Yeah, footballer's were treated like slaves before 1998.

Average annual top flight earnings for football players in 1998 = £380,000...average UK annual wages in 1998 = £15,000

'Indentured slaves'.

FFS.
You can't be an indentured slave, David, which is why I used the correct term indentured servant.

Why choose '98? The Bosman ruling was given in Dec 95 and the rules kicked in in '96. Besides, the era you referred to in your OP, whilst entirely fictional, appeared to be from a pre-PL era. But that's what you do, isn't it Dave, be deliberately vague so you can pick some random stat later to make it seem like you had a point. Which you didn't.

No he wasent, it was quite the opposite really

Are we aloud to have a presant?

Mate i love richarlison but he even said himself that he went to Ancelotti and told him he wantes to leave for CL football and Ancelotti convinced him to stay another year.

Then we had to let him play at the Olympics to placate him to stay for another year on top of that.

He loves the club, no doubt but he obviously wanted to leave to further his career.

You can't be an indentured slave, David, which is why I used the correct term indentured servant.

Why choose '98? The Bosman ruling was given in Dec 95 and the rules kicked in in '96. Besides, the era you referred to in your OP, whilst entirely fictional, appeared to be from a pre-PL era. But that's what you do, isn't it Dave, be deliberately vague so you can pick some random stat later to make it seem like you had a point. Which you didn't.
Even if you take it back before Bosman the top flight average annual wage was £130,000 with average annual wage of Joe Blow being below the £15,000 figure for 1998.

But yeah, indentured slaves/servants whatever.

They practically had nothing back then did they?

FFS.

Bournemouth have a Maupay shaped hole in their attack.
They're supposedly buying the lad from Atalanta for a reported 26m.

With Atalanta already losing their main striker with a long term injury it opens up them coming in with an improved bid for Beto I hope.

Maupay has got last minute to Brentford all over it again.

If we could turn that from a loan to a buy and Beto did go, we'd have a huge additional room to bring players in.

We focus a lot on ourselves, but Wolves, Bournemouth and potentially Palace all losing key players with days left til the season starts, Brentford fans are apoplectic at the lack of any progress this summer, even if we are taking modest steps forward so far with our business there are a few teams arguably going backwards.

Brentford will I'm sure bring back Maupay as a band aid fix.

Hopefully we make it known a small fee will make it permanent, anything recouped even 2-3m can go towards a down payment or loan.

We couldn’t score last season but got 48 points so weren’t really in a relegation battle in the real world.
Not wrong but right now we have added NDiaye and Lindstrom only losing Danjuma who did very little overall so that’s an improvement
Our defence was what kept us up and all that’s change is we’ve improved our CB third choice
We got 48 points last season so without deduction nonsense I’d take a small improvement on that given lack of spending power which should give us a safe but a little boring lower midtable season before we move into our new home and can hopefully spend again!
I hope you are right.

Brentford will I'm sure bring back Maupay as a band aid fix.

Hopefully we make it known a small fee will make it permanent, anything recouped even 2-3m can go towards a down payment or loan.
Toney is running out of potential destinations though
Utd allegedly hadn't budgeted for another forward and can't move on him unless they offload the likes of sancho

Bournemouth have a Maupay shaped hole in their attack.
hole-in-the-wall-reboot.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.