Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I can't answer for him but I just read what he was saying in a totally different way I think I took it as him saying he would be expensive to get back and if we had the money to sign someone like him we should sign somebody else instead which I think is a fair comment
"He was hardly proflific, spent most of him time rolling about on the floor and worst of all, expensive."

Those are his words, not mine, and they are most certainly about his previous stint here. He says how bad he thinks it was having Richarlison in the squad.

Bravo mate. I also have a distinct memory of him playing that Palace game through injury, and he helped drag us to safety in that season.

If you ask me to pick my favourite player of the last decade that epitomises what Everton is, you’ve got your man right there.

Agree, the lad gave his all whilst wearing the shirt which definitely can't be says about others.

A loan for Richy should hopefully be getting explored by the club, it's a million miles a better idea than bringing in Philips on loan - and likely not much difference on cost.

Wonder if we might see a back 3 at times this season.
I've been thinking the same thing with Tarks in the centre of the three.

Either of the younger blokes sitting on the bench would be a waste of talent BUT it doesn't seem likely to play a three as they won't have been able to practice it in training with Branthwaite absent.

Yes, but the other reasons were terrible, and you keep using vague terms like expensive and affordable definitively, yet without explaining them. So you "explained" the following:

"I don't understand why people want Richarlison back." You dont understand why people want a double digit scorer who is a great teammate and works really hard defensively?

"He was hardly proflific" Name Everton players who have scored double digits in 3 of 4 seasons. What players, in the last 30 years, have produced double digits in 3 different seasons for us? Prolific is defined as abundant productivity, which that most certainly meets. So what you say is certainly not true.

"spent most of him time rolling about on the floor" He most certainly did not spent most of his time doing that, so this is obviously false but the over-the-top exaggeration does seem to reveal a personal bias and hatred towards him.

"and worst of all, expensive." He was not expensive.
I don't hate him at all. I enjoyed his passion and his energy but yes, I was mightily frustrated at his diving. He slowed down attacks by going to ground when he could have passed to a team mate. Was he a "great teammate"? His main strike partner was DCL and they never had a connection.

We clearly have a different opinion on what proflific means. He's a 1 in 3 striker who's most "prolific" EPL season saw him score 13. Hardly a threat to the golden boot.... If you're considering tackles as "abundant productivity" then we also have a different opinion on strikers. And yes, he considers himself a striker. 43 league goals in 4 seasons is not great and comparing him to other underwhelming players we've had in a barren 30 years does not make him elite.

He is still in the top 2-3 transfer fees we've ever paid. That's clearly expensive for us and expensive is exactly what he would be to bring back. Do you think that Levy is going to give him away as an apology for Dele? He would cost big money even on loan and we don't have big money. Our financial situation is infamous and spending a fortune on a 27 year old with little resale value is exactly what we shouldn't be doing. We should be investing in the future not daydreaming about the past.

I’m convinced there is no fan base that’s obsessed about bringing ex players back than ours.

Richarlison the next on the list, joining the likes of James Rodriguez, Rooney, Barkley, Deulofeu, Pienaar, Unsworth(ok maybe that was just the club), Manny blooming Fernandes. And probably lots of others I’ve forgotten.

Does it ever really work?

I’m convinced there is no fan base that’s obsessed about bringing ex players back than ours.

Richarlison the next on the list, joining the likes of James Rodriguez, Rooney, Barkley, Deulofeu, Pienaar, Unsworth(ok maybe that was just the club), Manny blooming Fernandes. And probably lots of others I’ve forgotten.

Would you not have Richalison back?

"He was hardly proflific, spent most of him time rolling about on the floor and worst of all, expensive."

Those are his words, not mine, and they are most certainly about his previous stint here. He says how bad he thinks it was having Richarlison in the squad.
Yes obviously the first bit is about when he was here but I think he's made it clear that he is talking about him being expensive to get now and I think its a fair point I really liked Richarlison and I wouldn't be unhappy at him coming back but he's not really my dream signing either.

Probably because we’ve been a ‘selling club’ for 30 years we have so many great players leave
Richarlison would be our best attacker if he came back and he loves us. No brainer if the money worked

Various news reports stating the asking prices for:

Asprilla / Watford £25mil (linked in Jan)
Abraham / Roma £25.7mil (linked)
Nketiah / Arsenal £25.7mil (linked)
Gnonto / Leeds £25mil (linked)

For me, if it meant DCL leaving and us 'needing' a centre forward replacement I'd still prefer Asprilla &/or Gnonto. Even if it meant Beto up top.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back