Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I’m convinced there is no fan base that’s obsessed about bringing ex players back than ours.

Richarlison the next on the list, joining the likes of James Rodriguez, Rooney, Barkley, Deulofeu, Pienaar, Unsworth(ok maybe that was just the club), Manny blooming Fernandes. And probably lots of others I’ve forgotten.

Does it ever really work?
I think we could justifying suggesting Richarlison is still in his prime, whereas the others aren’t or weren’t, hence false equivalence.

Are we talking about Nketiah or Havertz here?

I've never heard either of them being described as a goal machine. I reckon Nketiah might have a touch of the Solanke's about him though and surprise a few people at some point soon if he's played somewhere regularly as the main no9.

Yes, his goals to mins looks impressive. Of course hes an Arsenal player but its still impressive: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/345845/History/Eddie-Nketiah

Some short memories (and dare I say hypocrisy) on here.. Richarlison was desperate to leave the club for the last 2 years he was with us, I would not want him back, same as I want DCL to leave if he wants out.
Neither represents the future of our club, Thelwells job is to find our future not spend (heavily) on the past.
Richy was a great servant, but like being jilted by a woman, you never go back. (Not that thats ever happened to me like.. 😆🥴😉)

Was he 'desperate' ? He stayed and didnt put a transfer request in. Upon joining Spurs hes posted plenty about everton.

Dont think he was "desperate".

What’s today’s meltdown about kids?

Werther's Original.

Chelsea being able to now go after Pedro Neto just makes this whole league hilariously crap.

Wow, thats out of the blue. They will need sales / loans out...big squad.

If this John Textor can get us a striker from Palace or Lyon he can own our club lol. Odsonne Edouard incoming on loan lol

Its a very interesting one. Look at their transfer business :o

We focus a lot on ourselves, but Wolves, Bournemouth and potentially Palace all losing key players with days left til the season starts, Brentford fans are apoplectic at the lack of any progress this summer, even if we are taking modest steps forward so far with our business there are a few teams arguably going backwards.

Weve been sensible on paper but none of our incomings are without risk.

I wonder if we'd have been better off signing 3 or 4 first 11 upgrades...or at least those who could break in quickly.

Camara, Richardson, Asprilla, Gnonto, Omeragic.

Bravo mate. I also have a distinct memory of him playing that Palace game through injury, and he helped drag us to safety in that season.

If you ask me to pick my favourite player of the last decade that epitomises what Everton is, you’ve got your man right there.

Pickford surely?

An indication of how slow our squad is? 😄 or our players not being very smart.

Interesting its the same names

DCL
Harrison
McNeil
Branthwaite

Ndiaye got a mention too "illy"

I’m convinced there is no fan base that’s obsessed about bringing ex players back than ours.

Richarlison the next on the list, joining the likes of James Rodriguez, Rooney, Barkley, Deulofeu, Pienaar, Unsworth(ok maybe that was just the club), Manny blooming Fernandes. And probably lots of others I’ve forgotten.

Does it ever really work?

Unsworth literally was gone for about 3 days before coming back, Piennar was a very good decision as he was still top quality for us after.

Del was because he was actually a buns off seat player, Rooney was due to losing him so young - but loads didn't want him back either, as for Barkley I genuinely don't know one blue who wanted it wants him back.

Rodriguez is for me the strangest situation, think a huge amount is due to COVID and never getting the chance to see him play live.

I think we could justifying suggesting Richarlison is still in his prime, whereas the others aren’t or weren’t, hence false equivalence.

Piennar was 30, Rooney 31 and very very clearly nearly washed up.

Barkley and Del both declined over their early promise and potential.

Richy is at his peak - and consistently performed for us (and wasn't bad at all for spurs last season either)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back