Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yes, but the other reasons were terrible, and you keep using vague terms like expensive and affordable definitively, yet without explaining them. So you "explained" the following:

"I don't understand why people want Richarlison back." You dont understand why people want a double digit scorer who is a great teammate and works really hard defensively?

"He was hardly proflific" Name Everton players who have scored double digits in 3 of 4 seasons. What players, in the last 30 years, have produced double digits in 3 different seasons for us? Prolific is defined as abundant productivity, which that most certainly meets. So what you say is certainly not true.

"spent most of him time rolling about on the floor" He most certainly did not spent most of his time doing that, so this is obviously false but the over-the-top exaggeration does seem to reveal a personal bias and hatred towards him.

"and worst of all, expensive." He was not expensive.

I love Richarlison but we have to move on mate, his time is past here. If you followed last season he’s started to pick up injuries, not surprising the way he played, but for the return Spurs are looking for on their investment, it’s bad business for us.

There may come a time, when he’s value, I’m thinking a loan or an nominal fee and we might look at it for a year or two, but it’s not now or his next move. We shouldn’t be investing what Spurs would want for him and what he’s looking for in wages.

Last edited:
Unsworth literally was gone for about 3 days before coming back, Piennar was a very good decision as he was still top quality for us after.

Del was because he was actually a buns off seat player, Rooney was due to losing him so young - but loads didn't want him back either, as for Barkley I genuinely don't know one blue who wanted it wants him back.

Rodriguez is for me the strangest situation, think a huge amount is due to COVID and never getting the chance to see him play live.

Not sure Pienaar was that good when he came back to be honest mate, he was for the six month loan the second time but when we signed him per entry again he tappered off for me.

Could never warm to him again really didn’t like how he left.

I’m convinced there is no fan base that’s obsessed about bringing ex players back than ours.

Richarlison the next on the list, joining the likes of James Rodriguez, Rooney, Barkley, Deulofeu, Pienaar, Unsworth(ok maybe that was just the club), Manny blooming Fernandes. And probably lots of others I’ve forgotten.

Does it ever really work?
Runs deeper than that with Bill desperately trying to bring back Moyes and Martinez a few years ago too....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.