Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Right back
Winger
Centre mid

If we get those done then that’s a fairly well balanced squad.

It’s crazy that we are going into 2024/25 with two right backs over 35.
I hope so too but will we have any money ? Also we get rid of Keane, Holgate and DCL we would need a striker and a centre back too

Don’t think myko is a problem, cover for him is. I’d settle for a starting right back and let young/Branthwaite at a push cover left back.
Yeah I agree, Young is an adequate enough backup for Myko but he can't be that while he's also arguably our starting right back, as scary as that sounds.

Fact is coleman body is not up to it did not watch the game today but is picking up to many injuries. Patterson is the same and well isnt even good enough to be ahead of coleman and young. Both fb position a problem for me

Be seriously tempted to bin off fullbacks and go 3-4-3 play Harrison and McNeil wide for the workrate.

Or go get that lad from Italy we've been semi linked with all summer.

….Coleman looks extremely vulnerable to injury now, I find it difficult to see him putting a long run of games together.

If we bring a player in, I can see it being a RB.

Yeah loved him in the past, and still a great guy to have around, but his body just looks to have broken down completely, having to come off now twice in a row in pre season games is a huge warning sign, didn't he miss the first with a knock as well?

Yeah loved him in the past, and still a great guy to have around, but his body just looks to have broken down completely, having to come off now twice in a row in pre season games is a huge warning sign, didn't he miss the first with a knock as well?

First game was Sligo which he played. Looked way off the pace against Salford. Was dreadful against Coventry then missed the next game (Preston away) injured. Not sure if he played against Motherwell but again injured today.

First game was Sligo which he played. Looked way off the pace against Salford. Was dreadful against Coventry then missed the next game (Preston away) injured. Not sure if he played against Motherwell but again injured today.

Yeah just don't think we can rely on him to stay fit for any remote series of games now, don't think its up for argument we should be either as even when fully fit he's now way off the pace for the league.

Don't think youngs much better though either.

Really bad oversight not even trying to bring in someone

I’d play Garner right back when fit personally. Does leave us short in centre midfield though. As bright as Tim has been in preseason, can’t be expecting him to play every game. At his age there will be dips in form where you’ll need to take him out for a while. Same with Gana but for different reasons. A player pushing 35 can’t be relied upon to be a mainstay in the engine room of a premier league team. We need another option at right back ideally. That will at least free up Garner to compete and rotate with Tim and Gana.

I’d play Garner right back when fit personally. Does leave us short in centre midfield though. As bright as Tim has been in preseason, can’t be expecting him to play every game. At his age there will be dips in form where you’ll need to take him out for a while. Same with Gana but for different reasons. A player pushing 35 can’t be relied upon to be a mainstay in the engine room of a premier league team. We need another option at right back ideally. That will at least free up Garner to compete and rotate with Tim and Gana.

I've said that before mate, garner at right back would be a way better option than the other choices we have.

Given we seem allergic to buying fullbacks a better choice would be to add a cm at least to give us the option of garner there

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back