Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

….yep, he has to be good enough. We know he’s a terrific runner blessed with great pace and Dyche has given him game time in pre-season so Dyche must think he has something.

If we don’t sign a RB, I’d like him to stay and not go on loan. It’s a long old season, Coleman will struggle with fitness and Dixon might just bridge the gap. I fully understand the ‘send him on loan’ shouts, that would be more of a ‘make or break’ scenario, fingers crossed it works if that happens.

I'll be honest mate, post Moyes time here I can think of one player who after being loaned ended up breaking into the team in part due to the benefits gained - Jarrod, everyone else busted out after.

Not sure if we ever loaned out Gordon tbh, memory is grey on that.

I’d like to see Dixon get a run on the right side of midfield like Coleman did when he first came. Give him some mins on the pitch, use his speed but still have to come back and cover at right back. The likes of Coleman would be coaching him on the pitch. I think he would be a great asset counter attacking away. If we have any money left use it on someone who can back up left back. That’s the most worrying position for me.

Preston, a few ok games a few rubbish ones

Cheers mate, when writing it I had the feeling we had but couldn't remember where.

Point remains, I think only Brantwaithe actually developed by being loaned - maybe the brands effect of knowing the player prior so he got gone time.

By and large though if you get loaned out by us it's a sign you aren't rated as good enough.

Hope we keep both Dixon and Armstrong around the first team squad and actually given them some proper minutes

Cheers mate, when writing it I had the feeling we had but couldn't remember where.

Point remains, I think only Brantwaithe actually developed by being loaned - maybe the brands effect of knowing the player prior so he got gone time.

By and large though if you get loaned out by us it's a sign you aren't rated as good enough.

Hope we keep both Dixon and Armstrong around the first team squad and actually given them some proper minutes
Then chin them off like we did Mackenzie Hunt and Warrington to a lesser extent. Still bemused by that.

I think all three of Lindstrom, Ndiaye and O'Brien are very very good pickups for the price, my only worry over two is that we have what to all intents and purposes seems to be a very tactically inflexible manager whose loathe to change up formation and starting personnel.

Both had poor seasons last due to being shoehorned into positions that just aren't the ones they play great, the worry is dyche will repeat that mistake (Lindstrom is not a winger, neither us Ndiaye)

Still have this slight nagging feeling he will show horn O'Brien in at right back when Jarrod is fit as well.
I have a feeling an injury will force us to play a 3-4-3 at some point this season, with McNeil and Harrison (or even Dixon) as the wide players of the 4… and this will result in both Lindstrom and ndaiye playing where you would deem their ‘best’ positions.

If we play well, the manager will keep playing it. He’s inflexible but when he does stumble on upgrades (branthwaite over Keane last season for example) he does stick with it.

I have a feeling an injury will force us to play a 3-4-3 at some point this season, with McNeil and Harrison (or even Dixon) as the wide players of the 4… and this will result in both Lindstrom and ndaiye playing where you would deem their ‘best’ positions.

If we play well, the manager will keep playing it. He’s inflexible but when he does stumble on upgrades (branthwaite over Keane last season for example) he does stick with it.

On paper our best 11 when fully fit probably suits a 3-4-3 as well.

Think we will see it at some point this season as you say, then it's down to the lads to grab the chance to show it works.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back