Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think all three of Lindstrom, Ndiaye and O'Brien are very very good pickups for the price, my only worry over two is that we have what to all intents and purposes seems to be a very tactically inflexible manager whose loathe to change up formation and starting personnel.

Both had poor seasons last due to being shoehorned into positions that just aren't the ones they play great, the worry is dyche will repeat that mistake (Lindstrom is not a winger, neither us Ndiaye)

Still have this slight nagging feeling he will show horn O'Brien in at right back when Jarrod is fit as well.

I haven’t seen enough of any of them to have an informed opinion tbh ..

But the only good thing about being so bad in attack is that it will be more difficult for these players to contribute less . Not ideal I know but that’s what I’m pinning my slight optimism on… I look forward to game 10 when we have yet to score and I’m back to my old self of hating Everton :)

I haven’t seen enough of any of them to have an informed opinion tbh ..

But the only good thing about being so bad in attack is that it will be more difficult for these players to contribute less . Not ideal I know but that’s what I’m pinning my slight optimism on… I look forward to game 10 when we have yet to score and I’m back to my old self of hating Everton :)
I fancy obrien to grab a few goals think him tark and branthwaite could cause alot problems

But a lot of the time they have no clue.

Look at the Keane/Branthwaite situation last season?

That the one where the coaching staff allowed Mina and Coady to run off their contracts, and loaned out Holgate to create a pathway for JB. Branthwaite wasn’t fully fit at the start of the season so Keane played a few games then as soon as Branthwaite was fit he went straight in and kept his place for the entire season above both Keane and Godfrey, seeing him make the England squad and his value increase multiples?

Is it that coaching team that have no clue?

I love Roman as much as the next guy, heck we have the same name but I have no idea who he is

There is just no way he gets given a chance in the prem with his inexperience

You have people like Onyango on their 20th loan in 5 seasons

For Roman to breakthrough and seal that right back spot he has to be special

Very special
I'm not disagreeing. I just think paying another older player 4-5 times the wages Dixon is on, to be a backup for Seamus & Young if (when) they get injured is one of the reasons we're in a mess. We won't know if Dixon is good enough until he gets a chance. There's no guarantees that Aurier (or whoever the experienced backup to the backup) won't be another injury-prone wage drain that we'll be stuck with until his contract runs out.

I'll be honest mate, post Moyes time here I can think of one player who after being loaned ended up breaking into the team in part due to the benefits gained - Jarrod, everyone else busted out after.

Not sure if we ever loaned out Gordon tbh, memory is grey on that.
Ossie had a few loans before he broke into the team at 22-23 years old. Not many work but some do.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back