Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Philips fit and even close to what he was, would become our best mifidler by a mile.

He is a Dyche type pleayer too, all day long. I can see it happening.

May not be the sexiset signing, but it could be great.

When he played for Leeds agsint us, he was unreal ay Goodison, absolutly bossed the game, one of the best we have played against in a while.

The masisve question is, is that player still their !?!
Of course he is mate. He'll somehow become even better than he was 3 years ago. He and Dele will make one hell of a dynamic duo and rip the prem apart ;)

No links. Don't hate on me but I think McTominay does a job for us. 6 or 8 position. Got legs. Technically better than Doucs. More goals too.
As someone who he has several united supporting friends I'm pretty well acquainted on what mctominay has to offer. From watching him far more than I would prefer ,in my opinion he is actually better suited to be a attacking midfielder or even a ten than a six, his defensive positioning is very flawed but as you stated he's been very prolific in front of goal, but that just started last season.

Oh behave.
1723461239469.webp

Philips fit and even close to what he was, would become our best mifidler by a mile.

He is a Dyche type pleayer too, all day long. I can see it happening.

May not be the sexiset signing, but it could be great.

When he played for Leeds agsint us, he was unreal ay Goodison, absolutly bossed the game, one of the best we have played against in a while.

The masisve question is, is that player still their !?!
Probably a similar thing to Dele Alli. A player that showed to be class in his former club and can be a top player if he reaches the potential. Both players could give us depth and quality in the midfield.

Can be a very good deal if it works, but can understand everyone that is torn about it financially or based on West Ham loan.

I think they saw him as being a player that would be able to link play and be a high level technical all rounder in that sense.

I see a player probably more suited to a direct style and used as a battering ram.

Could be wrong :)
Haven't seen Vitor Roque play myself, but, aside from issues with the fee, surely Dyche wouldn't even countenance playing a match with a tiny striker up top?

I see he has a 6 goals in 15 games as a RW though. Is he any good there? Is he pacy?

Haven't seen Vitor Roque play myself, but, aside from issues with the fee, surely Dyche wouldn't even countenance playing a match with a tiny striker up top?

I see he has a 6 goals in 15 games as a RW though. Is he any good there? Is he pacy?
He is good, a bit under the radar imo. He can play winger, which he did for Xavi mostly but back in Brazil he played striker. Due to his size he is not really the target man like DCL.

Tbf he is very hard working, but see him as a striker in a 2man ST, not as a winger.

He is faster than McNeil, but not Vinicius fast, but very mobile and good at finishing. I see him rather as a Lautaro or Alexis Sanchez type of player. Also he is very strong for someone his size.

Last edited:

As someone who he has several united supporting friends I'm pretty well acquainted on what mctominay has to offer. From watching him far more than I would prefer ,in my opinion he is actually better suited to be a attacking midfielder or even a ten than a six, his defensive positioning is very flawed but as you stated he's been very prolific in front of goal, but that just started last season.
My son is a Utd fan and he always moans when they bring him on but he almost always then seems to score 2 goals and win them the match. Feels that way anyway.

No links. Don't hate on me but I think McTominay does a job for us. 6 or 8 position. Got legs. Technically better than Doucs. More goals too.
I rate McTominay, think he's a tidy player that goes under the radar. Don't understand why Utd fans hate on him, so much considering he's one of their better performers. Ok his defending isn't the best, but what midfielders is. Pops up in the box and bags a few goals. He'd be an upgrade to our mid currently, but I wouldn't pay the money utd would likely want.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back