Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I’d play him ahead of Garner ten times out of ten.
I wouldn't unless it's at the attacking midfielder role obviously garner doesn't have the goals but I think hes better than mctominay at cm , garner doesn't get the recognition for the tackles and defensive work he engages in and I think hes better at passing than him too but once again that's my viewpoint, I watched more united games than ever wanted to , united had extensive injuries last season and no defensive midfielders healthy except amrabat on loan and he was Mediocre and still mctominay never played as a dm

Last edited:
With Evertonians there seems to be no middle ground... players are wonderful or complete rubbish.

The truth is that most players are somewhere in between.
We can't afford any established in the wonderful category anyway so the question is if a player can do a job for us and is the deal worth it taking transfer, wage and age into account.

McTominay, for instance is a good player(not wonderful) would certainly improve our midfield options but I think Utd want too much for him, I doubt we could afford his wage demands and he turns 28 later this year.... those 3 factors will rule us out I feel.

My fear is that he is a makeweight in a bigger deal involving Branthwaite but I don't even want to think about that.
McTominay would go straight in as a number ten if we bought him under Dyche.

I hate the saying “He would instantly become our best ______” because that is never the case. It is almost comical how much this line of thinking backfires on us when we try to talk ourselves into mediocre players.

I’ll be fair to McTominay- he has looked like a Baloon D’or winner several times when he has played us. We should not use that as the barometer on players we sign. Not Maguire, not McTominay, not Rooney, not Delph- lets actually look for motivated talent that has the chance to improve and avoid the wage sitters.

I've watched him constantly most of the man united fans don't even rate him and would be delighted if left, he is not good defensively considered a liability, he's good attacking wise I'm just expressing my perspective if you don't agree or deem it of substance that's fine
I was just laughing really because you said you disagreed with his assistant about who he rates that’s all I think he’d know a bit more than you.

A friend of mine was talking to Ian Woan last week and he reckoned Dyche would absolutely love to sign McTominay - he sees him as a proper Everton type player.
McTominay would walk into this team. People look down on him because he’s not some exciting foreign name . He can win tackles and score goals, also has a bit of needle to him.

I actually think he looks like he has a bit of Richarlison about him -- best as an inside forward I think, hard working, determined and goes directly towards goal.

I think if he gets the ball wide he brings power, strength, determination and a direct threat to the opposition box.

Could see him winning a lot of free kicks as hes going to run at defenders all day. Also someone who can press and track back too.

The scouts must have seen something in him but i think if its Pickford or the midfielders getting the ball to him quickly on the deck he'll cause problems.
Think this will be the type of winger the club will look for now with the chermiti injury who could cover cf aswell if needed
A friend of mine was talking to Ian Woan last week and he reckoned Dyche would absolutely love to sign McTominay - he sees him as a proper Everton type player.
Could be but the price and age of him rules him out here never going to happen

I've watched him constantly most of the man united fans don't even rate him and would be delighted if left, he is not good defensively considered a liability, he's good attacking wise I'm just expressing my perspective if you don't agree or deem it of substance that's fine
Man utd fans are an odd fickle bunch. They still see themselves as the biggest club in England and are still obsessed with big name players. McTominay isn't the exotic player those fans want and like even though he has been one of their most consistent players in recent seasons and probably the one player who has given everything he can for them which isn't good enough for that lot it seems.

Just like Beto, Chermiti, Danjuma, Lindstrom, Ndiaye, Iroegbunam.
Cherjmiti and Tim are kids, bought by Thelwell it’s well known dyche wasn’t bothered about us buying Chermiti. Danjuma he never played because dyche picked British prem experienced players ahead of him, even though both at times were shocking.

We all know why we bought Beto, but again the club/dyche would sell in a heartbeat, dyche hardly give him a kick in pre season.

And not sure why you’re bringing up ndaiye and lindstrom, let’s see how they get used by dyche.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back