Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think they saw him as being a player that would be able to link play and be a high level technical all rounder in that sense.

I see a player probably more suited to a direct style and used as a battering ram.

Could be wrong :)
He's a very small battering ram though Zat.

Surprising lack of technical ability for a Brazilian. Reminds me of a short Jo or Sandro Ramirez.

He is good, a bit under the radar imo. He can play winger, which he did for Xavi mostly but back in Brazil he played striker. Due to his size he is not really the target man like DCL.

Tbf he is very hard working, but see him as a striker in a 2man ST, not as a winger.

He is faster than McNeil, but not Vinicius fast, but very mobile and good at finishing. I see him rather as a Lautaro or Alexis Sanchez type of player. Also he is very strong for someone his size.

He's a very small battering ram though Zat.

Surprising lack of technical ability for a Brazilian. Reminds me of a short Jo or Sandro Ramirez.

I actually think he looks like he has a bit of Richarlison about him -- best as an inside forward I think, hard working, determined and goes directly towards goal.

I think if he gets the ball wide he brings power, strength, determination and a direct threat to the opposition box.

Could see him winning a lot of free kicks as hes going to run at defenders all day. Also someone who can press and track back too.

The scouts must have seen something in him but i think if its Pickford or the midfielders getting the ball to him quickly on the deck he'll cause problems.

Maupay was at times our big man upfront
Could be argued that that was through a lack of options for Dyche though. If it came down to it Dyche would always rather select a senior pro, even if he is short. Hence Maupay was played over Simms at the end of that season.

Roque is short and a kid, and Dyche would have a say in his recruitment. So, even if we did have money, I would be stunned if we tried to sign this lad.

We have 4 wingers now as it stands, judging by were Dyche is playing N'Diaye & Lindstrum in friendly's. We don't need any more do we?

We do when one becomes a 10 when Doucs is out of contract next year.

Some one to play alongside Dele, small quick & fast on the right, a Garrincha type of player perhaps !

1000031698.webp

Ok Google....

I think we can take this as a sign that this transfer would be doomed from the start

We need a full back who can cover both sides. Coleman and Patterson have big injury question marks against them they've both picked up multiple injuries this past few seasons, Myko is our only left back and that leaves Young having to play thirty odd games at right back or covering left back again at 39 years of age. So yes we need a full back.

You disagree with his assistant and best friend about who he wants to sign? Gee it's really tough to know who is more likely to be right on that one.
I've watched him constantly most of the man united fans don't even rate him and would be delighted if left, he is not good defensively considered a liability, he's good attacking wise I'm just expressing my perspective if you don't agree or deem it of substance that's fine

With Evertonians there seems to be no middle ground... players are wonderful or complete rubbish.

The truth is that most players are somewhere in between.
We can't afford any established in the wonderful category anyway so the question is if a player can do a job for us and is the deal worth it taking transfer, wage and age into account.

McTominay, for instance is a good player(not wonderful) would certainly improve our midfield options but I think Utd want too much for him, I doubt we could afford his wage demands and he turns 28 later this year.... those 3 factors will rule us out I feel.

My fear is that he is a makeweight in a bigger deal involving Branthwaite but I don't even want to think about that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back