Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Player I like McTominay, underrated, but we’d desperately need a forward mate and they aren’t cheap.
Yea, I definitely wouldn't be swapping our main striker without getting a direct replacement.

I do rate McTominay, athough he does strike me as the sort if player we would have signed a few years back. At the peak of his value will little sell on potential. Don't think we have the money for that sort of signing these days.

I think you are wrong.

We know we can't afford to spend a fortune on players, we have been successful in the past signing players in the 18-20 age bracket and seeing them turn into quality players which we have sold at huge profits.
Branthwaite is a classic example.

Even the biggest clubs are signing younger players to try to develop them for the first team or at least sell on at a profit.

Constantly signing expensive players is not a sustainable model for any club.

Player I like McTominay, underrated, but we’d desperately need a forward mate and they aren’t cheap.
Oh I agree with you about the need for a forward but at least this would prevent DCL leaving for nothing.

It obviously won't happen but I was somewhat surprised when those transfer idiots on SSN said that United had an interest in Dom.

We brought in Patto and Myko. Both are young with Patto needing to stay injury free and given a run of games before it gets looked at IMO.

I'll go back to the idea that the marauding fullbacks bagging goals and assists is slowly growing out the game. Defensive fullbacks is where it's going now with more CBs or players with CB attributes becoming fullbacks.
Gvardiol (sp) is a CB who plays at FB who gets forward and scores goals
As is Ben White to a lesser extent
However I do agree in principle with your argument

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back