Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

That’s not the part that doesn’t add up, sure they are happy to sell. He doesn’t have the profile for a striker in our system so not a DCL alternative, we don’t have much money if any and if we did it would surely be better used across CM, FB etc.

Only explanations would be JB going allowing us to spend a bit on a “luxury” player, or Moshiri having one last rogue moment. But as it stands illogical.

Other option is we see it as just too good and opportunity to turn down.

If Beto went say to Italy it'd cover the costs short term at least

That’s not the part that doesn’t add up, sure they are happy to sell. He doesn’t have the profile for a striker in our system so not a DCL alternative, we don’t have much money if any and if we did it would surely be better used across CM, FB etc.

Only explanations would be JB going allowing us to spend a bit on a “luxury” player, or Moshiri having one last rogue moment. But as it stands illogical.

Thing is Tony, we clearly have as the main priority adding a winger, the bids show they on three separate winger/forward types already.

If we moved on a forward then that'd just make that an even greater priority.

Given the source and the amount (pretty much whatever bid for Gnoto) then I can see this being genuine

But ultimately unless there is a serious change of strategy we are still quite reliant on DCL / Beto winning a good number of long balls in the air.

Dont see it to be honest mate, Dom can hold it up and lay it off for sure and offer an out ball, whether that's playing to the strengths we have or our philosophy is debatable, Dyches teams have always been more counter attacking then they have been direct long ball. That's what i think we are trying to move toward, i think our signings point to that - most are ball carrying direct players.

Thing is Tony, we clearly have as the main priority adding a winger, the bids show they on three separate winger/forward types already.

Given the source and the amount (pretty much whatever bid for Gnoto) then I can see this being genuine

There might be a play here where we sell Beto and bring in a forward who can cover striker and winger rather than just going for a Gnonto type. If DCL is staying then him and Roque with Chermiti coming back could work.

Would give us a clutch of players in Ndiaye Lindstrom Roque Harrison McNeil who can all play multiple positions behind the striker with some able to cover the striker position also.

There might be a play here where we sell Beto and bring in a forward who can cover striker and winger rather than just going for a Gnonto type. If DCL is staying then him and Roque with Chermiti coming back could work.

Would give us a clutch of players in Ndiaye Lindstrom Roque Harrison McNeil who can all play multiple positions behind the striker with some able to cover the striker position also.

Yup and we have a great selling point to the lad and his agent, the track record of Richy here as Brazils number 9.

Good point mate.

Youd think on both Dom and Beto - both could be low hanging fruit depending.

Yup my thoughts as well.

It'd be a very very smart transfer, the lads potential is insanely high.

Maybe but then the “noise” has moved away from spending big on a winger and towards us having to sell to spend, presumably as a result of the ownership situation, so I was assuming Gnonto or an alternative were off the table, especially with CM and other areas still undercooked.

I guess maybe we do have some financial wiggle room or a sale lined up though. This one just reminds me of when foreign journos were screaming we were in advanced talks for Ekitike and it was totally made up.

This is a good shout, as a DCL replacement I don’t see it, as a Beto replacement maybe. Beto doesn’t really use his height anyway.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back