Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

If we’re in for McTominay, someone’s getting sold.

Shouldn't be giving Utd the slightest hint that we want one of their players as ot would encourage them to come back in for Branthwaite.

Selling Branthwaite for cash plus McTominay would be such a pathetically Everton thing to do. Should steer well clear.

Plus, McTominay ain't all that. Gets goals but is a very limited player and would have to play as a no 10. A no 10 with no creativity or skill is very limiting to a side, even if they contribute goals. We had it with Cahill (who I did love) but he did limit our ability to improve - particularly when his goals started to dry up. McTominay is also very poor as an 8 or 6.

Avoid completely imo.

That poor kid

One day you’re at Barcelona as a highly rated youngster and the next you’re off to Everton

Enjoy your life whilst you can lads
So was Digne, so was Geri, so was Yerry. We must have a decent relationship with Barca but also if they want to go and sign Williams they probably have to sell. Bit like us, if we get this deal done then we will have to sell Dom or Beto first.

I'd do a swap for DCL

As would i simply based on DCL not going for free.

This would be eye opening.

This article from last year says he can play on the flanks, he has played 16 times at RW (64 as striker)

Also says he's better suited to a transition team, rather than a possession based team. Are we looking at him as a winger instead of Gnonto? Not as a DCL replacement?

I said yesterday, hes a bit like Richarlison in terms of his determination and strength + goes straight at goal. Ideal as an inside forward.

Only 19 so could develop and good at pressing & tracking back as well.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.