Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Phwoar remember that. What on earth happened to him, I wanted us to sign him so badly, and yet I’ve never in my life to this day seen him kick a football and don’t even know what he looks like.
Good record over in Russia for Zenit, won a few things with them and now in saudi, 25 goals in 51 games

I think you are wrong.

We know we can't afford to spend a fortune on players, we have been successful in the past signing players in the 18-20 age bracket and seeing them turn into quality players which we have sold at huge profits.
Branthwaite is a classic example.

Even the biggest clubs are signing younger players to try to develop them for the first team or at least sell on at a profit.

Constantly signing expensive players is not a sustainable model for any club.
You get to involved in all this and you turn from a football club into an investment firm

If there is any truth to the Roque links, my guess is that Branthwaite is off. According to the Bobble's last podcast there are zero takers for Keane, Holgate or Maupay. And only vague interest, nowhere near our valuation, for DCL or Beto.

We also only have a very limited pot of money for any down-payment/loan fees - which sounds like it would be totally swallowed up by a Kalvin Phillips loan deal. So, to me, unless something really dramatic has changed re the above, that only leaves Branthwaite 😕

If there is any truth to the Roque links, my guess is that Branthwaite is off. According to the Bobble's last podcast there are zero takers for Keane, Holgate or Maupay. And only vague interest, nowhere near our valuation, for DCL or Beto.

We also only have a very limited pot of money for any down-payment/loan fees - which sounds like it would be totally swallowed up by a Kalvin Phillips loan deal. So, to me, unless something really dramatic has changed re the above, that only leaves Branthwaite 😕
That's my complete guess too

There’s no takers for the likes of Maupay and Keane right now, but that will change as the closure of the transfer window approaches imo.

I was thinking Doucoure might be off I remember last season there were faint rumblings of Saudi interest and Doucoure seems like he would be interested in that opportunity especially with further competition for spots. Could definitely fetch at least 20 million for him

There’s no takers for the likes of Maupay and Keane right now, but that will change as the closure of the transfer window approaches imo.
Let's hope so. But I was referring more to the need to sell to buy and all of a sudden there appears to be movement again. You would think it means that one of DCL, Beto or Branthwaite are off- probably the latter, as he's the only real star. We're meant to want over £30m for DCL and £20-25m for Beto - no-one will go anywhere near those valuations surely??

Well the starting point of course is that most transfer rumours aren’t true, but there was a vague link to yet another CB yesterday, and a link to an expensive attacker today, and most likely both aren’t true, but the only way for them to make any sense is an acceptable offer in for Branthwaite.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back