Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Oh I agree with you about the need for a forward but at least this would prevent DCL leaving for nothing.

It obviously won't happen but I was somewhat surprised when those transfer idiots on SSN said that United had an interest in Dom.

If the link to Roque is true mate, looks like we have a deal in the chamber for DCL - probably feeds into the McTominay stuff too. Dom would be pure profit.

If the link to Roque is true mate, looks like we have a deal in the chamber for DCL - probably feeds into the McTominay stuff too. Dom would be pure profit.
Even if we do have something lined up for DCL we surely don’t replace him with someone who is 5’8.

Only way I see this is if we see him as a versatile attacker / Gnonto alternative and come into money some other way, ie someone meets the asking price for Branthwaite.

This article from last year says he can play on the flanks, he has played 16 times at RW (64 as striker)

Also says he's better suited to a transition team, rather than a possession based team. Are we looking at him as a winger instead of Gnonto? Not as a DCL replacement?

Even if we do have something lined up for DCL we surely don’t replace him with someone who is 5’8.

Only way I see this is if we see him as a versatile attacker / Gnonto alternative and come into money some other way, ie someone meets the asking price for Branthwaite.

Looks like hes able to put himself about mind.

The overall plan is counter attacking in my opinion.

Barca want to sell him mate, players agent says he won't go on loan so they play him off or sell him.
That’s not the part that doesn’t add up, sure they are happy to sell. He doesn’t have the profile for a striker in our system so not a DCL alternative, we don’t have much money if any and if we did it would surely be better used across CM, FB etc.

Only explanations would be JB going allowing us to spend a bit on a “luxury” player, or Moshiri having one last rogue moment. But as it stands illogical.

But ultimately unless there is a serious change of strategy we are still quite reliant on DCL / Beto winning a good number of long balls in the air.

I dont think we play with that many long balls mate. Think its a bit of a myth, not saying we never let Pickford go direct, a keeper of his ability in distribution you'd be mad not to, but its far from our plan A.

Gvardiol (sp) is a CB who plays at FB who gets forward and scores goals
As is Ben White to a lesser extent
However I do agree in principle with your argument

But their attacks aren't built off the fullbacks like teams used to be. Seems to be more of defensive minded approach first. Even Kyle Walker is very much a cautious defender when you look at his attacking output.

Kiwior and Tomiyasu are 6ft CBs playing fullback for Arsenal
Konsa and Carlos have played FB for Villa
Gomez for the RS to name a few.

If you look at last season assist wise you'll only see Trippier up there compared with previous seasons you'd see 4 or 5 fullbacks bagging loads of them.

Personally see more a change happening from that view in approach play.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back