Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Say this is it, offering City the best deal on wages. They can to their revenue increase hugely this season.

I wanted Phillips as i think he improves us, but center midfield wasn't a priority in my opinion. Im all in on Tim.

If we are signing anyone else id be more content with a right winger or full back/s.

Thing is I don't think he does improve us, he's 28 - 29 very soon, and actually only had three very good seasons in his career - all under the same manager and system - and all now three years on the rearview.

We'd be paying an insane amount for a guy who unless he finds a time machine will be fourth choice here.

Yes I'd start Gueye, Garner and Tim ahead of anything Philips has shown for years.

I also think it's telling just how many minutes City gave him in low pressure pre season games trying to build up interest in him (he was gone no matter what he did) first as a cm but he looked terrible in a few games so they switched him to centre back where he had more time and less press - that's where his recent good performances have been for them.

Really clever by Guardiola in fact doing so as CB at city is arguably the easiest position in world football to play

If Phillips is going to Ipswich and Rutter going to Brighton means Gnonto stays at Leeds then I am quite happy with how it’s worked out for us so long as it pushes Thelwell/Dyche into looking further afield where you can get more value for your money.

You could probably get Tanner Tessman (CM), Jackson Tchatchoua (RB) and either Largie Ramzani or Jonny Cardoso (wingers) for less than Philips/Gnonto combined.

so we probably wasn’t in for KP!!

we will be looking at a CM we have to be

Don't be so sure mate.

If you figure Tim's played himself into the first team reckoning and that Doucoure won't be going but shifting to a deeper option (hope he doesn't and goes myself) and Harrison is regarded as a cup option etc, then we have 4 CMs with a spelling player for the cup etc.

We may be after another CM but I doubt it's one who'll be a nailed on starter.

Man City want £3m loan fee and his wages are more than £7m.
Good luck to Ipswich if they are prepared to pay that much.
I can see the logic much more from Ipswich’s perspective. They still badly need some real quality and experience to try to stay up, and it’s a gamble he might provide it, if it works they’ve got in a player of a level they could never have got any other way. If it doesn’t work and they go down they have no permanent commitment.

We are in a different place where we have no shortage of PL experienced players and don’t really need to take a gamble on Phillips but for Ipswich it might be worth the punt.

I can see the logic much more from Ipswich’s perspective. They still badly need some real quality and experience to try to stay up, and it’s a gamble he might provide it, if it works they’ve got in a player of a level they could never have got any other way. If it doesn’t work and they go down they have no permanent commitment.

We are in a different place where we have no shortage of PL experienced players and don’t really need to take a gamble on Phillips but for Ipswich it might be worth the punt.

It's a Barkley last season at Luton gamble for Ipswich mate.

Can understand it as even a semi-washed up Philips may actually be a better option than what they have

If Phillips is going to Ipswich and Rutter going to Brighton means Gnonto stays at Leeds then I am quite happy with how it’s worked out for us so long as it pushes Thelwell/Dyche into looking further afield where you can get more value for your money.

You could probably get Tanner Tessman (CM), Jackson Tchatchoua (RB) and either Largie Ramzani or Jonny Cardoso (wingers) for less than Philips/Gnonto combined.
That's fine but I do hope we just move on now, I don't want to see Thelwell coming back for Gnonto a third time in the next window.

Don't be so sure mate.

If you figure Tim's played himself into the first team reckoning and that Doucoure won't be going but shifting to a deeper option (hope he doesn't and goes myself) and Harrison is regarded as a cup option etc, then we have 4 CMs with a spelling player for the cup etc.

We may be after another CM but I doubt it's one who'll be a nailed on starter.
Got garner to throw into the mix aswell.

40m for Championship players feels a long way from the model that’s been so successful for them. I’m sure his data is wonderful but it seems a lot to me.

Thought that when they forked out a club record fee on Minteh as well mate, even if these guys develop decently then they already paid a premium so can't see any profit, and the exposure is huge if they bust out

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.