Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Our central midfield options are minuscule, how are we going into the season like that.

….i suppose last season it was mainly any 2 from;

Garner, Onana, Gueye in the DM positions. Maybe the Garner/Gueye axis the preferred option at the end of the season.

This season Garner, Gueye still available with Onana leaving. Doucoure can now be relieved of no10 duties with Tim I and maybe Armstrong involved.

We’ll have to see how this pans out.

Our central midfield options are minuscule, how are we going into the season like that.
Think they are keeping there loan options open until the end of the window, when other clubs have done more business and players may become available that are not currently. This club doesn’t surprise us at times, but I just can’t think for one second they are fine with just having a 35 year old gana, doucoure, James garner and inexperienced tim Iroegbunam their options. Gana has to be managed and doucoure has had injuries last few seasons.
Think we will get another midfielder in and a winger, but won’t get anyone eles in. We will be short somewhere and I think that will be the fullbacks.

Can't wait for that deal to be done and a RS journo will write a piece saying Ipswich took all our main summer targets from under our nose.
I did enjoy the Athletics podcast about Liverpool this week where they blamed Zubimendi for turning them down and made it seem like he had no ambition. How about he just wanted to stay in a stable environment and see if the Dutchman was the Flying or the dying Dutchman?

I'm more worried theirs nothing coming in for Maupay and Holgate and so on, wish we could move them on and replace them with cheap effective players who I'm not yet sick of seeing play in blue.
I think if we are going to get rid of these two we are going to have accept very little to nothing in money and we may have to pay off the difference in their contract

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.