Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think after Dyche revealing that our transfer business is pretty much done bar a miracle...

I think at this point, fans shouldn't be so picky about any names we're linked with that provide us with cover for positions.

I kindly ask that you set off from mars and make your way back towards earth.

Meff heads.
Well, with an hour to go on deadline day and no further incomings, what some people will settle for then versus now can look very different.

There can be a lot of excitement about transfers "just because' but personally and with our straitened circumstances, I find it all a bit meh these days. The triple signing of Lukaku, Barry, and McCarthy in 2013 was the high point and it doesn't look like that peak is being re-scaled anytime soon. It's the loan bin if we're lucky, but then again look what we've done on loan before.

Holgate and Maupay out is the only business I expect tbh. Leaves us short in various areas but I’ve come to expect that.
I think the best case scenario is that one of them leaves on a perm deal and we manage to wangle enough money to get two more loans in and a perm like Beto where we don't pay anything or very little this summer.

Hmm touch worrying we don't sign another midfielder on loan
More than a touch. Although I think the signings we have made are good, our squad is so much weaker than the majority of teams in the PL. Pure speculation of course, but I suspected McKenna would keep Ipswich up anyway - and they have strengthened. Cajuste is a good player.

Think Southampton go down and Leicester if they have the points deduction and we'll be in the mix for the third spot - we just need to make sure we push away. I think we will btw, but we will struggle to ride out any injury problems. Us, Forest, Brentford and Fulham all have similar standard squads - everyone else's are a long way ahead.

Tierney is a really good player, i wanted us to sign him from Celtic.

Plays at LB where we are short, and CB, which gives us more cover and potentially allows us to move Keane on which would hopefully go towards covering the fee.

For the right price, i think its a good move.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.