Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Rewnewing both Colemand AND Young really was a poor move. A club in our financial position really shouldn’t have 4 right backs on decent wages at the club…. but unfortunately needs must, and someone has to be bought in.

Or as others have said, if a decent midfielder is available, bring them in and put Garner to RB.

"Maupay aside I'll give thelwell some leeway".

Ironic as he didnt sign him.

Ok zat it must have been the other Kevin Thelwell who did

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240818-111757.webp
    Screenshot_20240818-111757.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240818-111822.webp
    Screenshot_20240818-111822.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 3

Kevin has certainly got his work cut out for him over the next couple of weeks..

We need an absolute bare minimum of two players in, a centre mid and a right back, in reality we need a half dozen but it's optimistic hoping for the teo we desperately need.

Hope to god the Bove rumour is true and we then sod off links for loans to centre mids from the UK and try get the city RB in for a season.

Then try to see if anyone abroad will loan us anything half decent to plug the rest of the gaps.

Unless there are significant financial issues then it's unforgivable if the loan market and utility of our remaining loan slots don't get used. Will it ? I think unlikely too.

Think it's beyond doubt there is significant financial issues mate.

P&s is still gonna be hovering close and the sheer cashflow issue means whatever the club has is gonna be used to support the loan repayments, even then we probably won't have enough to get us through to January.

We desperately need to get rid of players who simply can't contribute to any acceptable level, Holgate, Maupay being the clear two, but also Beto as even 16-17m would give us room to bring a couple in, Keane also, combined them four are draining around 270-280k per week just in wages.

It's also why it was criminal to give both young and Coleman new contracts that's gonna be another 80-100k pw draining out for a club hemorrhaging money already and with massive needs in the squad (that none of those above players can adequately fix)

Coleman, lovely bloke, great Everton, but new proper contract - sorry - no, we paid him about 55k pw last season, he was available for 12 games, if he wanted to stay it should have been for next to nothing wage wise with a bonus whenever he was actually fit. As for young, yeah paying 40k for a guy who should have been retired for a few years already.

Please a right back rumour, if we end the window with no right back brought in I'm going to fume.
It won’t happen but I’d want a left back as well. Chillwell on loan? I knows he has his injury issues but he seems to have overcome them somewhat. We need more attacking threat from the flanks

Ok zat it must have been the other Kevin Thelwell who did
It’s been widely mentioned on here that Lampard wanted him, Thelwell didn’t but he was overruled by Moshiri or Kenwright. No one knows for sure, but we did have form for it, prior to that Brands said he didn’t want a player that Beneathus did, and Moshiri told Brands he’d get him the player as a ‘gift’ so we seemingly have form for overruling the DoF when it comes to player signings

This is the most damning.

Chermo is of course injured, but lets be honest, its unlikely he would have started anyway.

So thats around 80m worth of players, plus a 20m* pound player just sitting on the bench.

100m on "back-ups"? While we have Ashley Young starting games?

Its not for me really.

No idea who is to blame, but its a farce.

It does seem farcical or at the very least that SD and KT are acting at cross purpose. Dyche always speaks highly of ‘Kev’ so it’s hard to say. It’s only one game but it probably couldn’t have went much worse.

I can understand when players are bought close to game or close to a new season but when we’ve brought players in early and they don’t start or even come on you do wonder what the point of bringing them in was.

Maybe it was a loyalty play to those that kept the team up last season but I’d like to see all the new players start the next game.

It’s been widely mentioned on here that Lampard wanted him, Thelwell didn’t but he was overruled by Moshiri or Kenwright. No one knows for sure, but we did have form for it, prior to that Brands said he didn’t want a player that Beneathus did, and Moshiri told Brands he’d get him the player as a ‘gift’ so we seemingly have form for overruling the DoF when it comes to player signings

Even if true, he's still signed off on it mate, so some portion of it is his responsibility, it's why I said I'd also cut him a lot of leeway over it as I've heard those rumours.

But zat outright saying he didn't sign him is wrong, by that point btw Moshiri was already 6 months into Uncle Uzzy closing the check book as well, so no chance he did anything at that point from his own pocket mate.

It does seem farcical or at the very least that SD and KT are acting at cross purpose. Dyche always speaks highly of ‘Kev’ so it’s hard to say. It’s only one game but it probably couldn’t have went much worse.

I can understand when players are bought close to game or close to a new season but when we’ve brought players in early and they don’t start or even come on you do wonder what the point of bringing them in was.

Maybe it was a loyalty play to those that kept the team up last season but I’d like to see all the new players start the next game.

The purpose in bringing them in early seems to have been to pay them for a month of doing gaffer days and then bench them until they lose any match fitness from pre season.

Then ofc he can use that as the reason for not playing them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back