Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The manager is crap. So he gets some portion of the blame. It’s tough to say how good or not good any of these players are tbh, but this manager isn’t figuring it out or getting the most from him. So that’s a starting point for the blame.

I don’t think the manager is crap. When you take last season, plus the points deduction, he’s done a very good job and picked up some very good results.

Given the players we have this year a similar finish is probably as much as anyone would expect.

On that basis what is it that we want? Progress isn’t going to be visible over 1 or 2 games or even a full season. There needs to be a take over to allow for the sea change that everyone wants to sweep across the club. At the moment we’re in a constant state of damage limitation and SD is probably the perfect man for the job.

Just to be clear, I’m not comfortable with any of that.

If Mykolenko gets injured in training this week we could be going to Spurs with a back 4 of.

Holgate. Tarkowski. Keane McNeill

That is frightening. I know who I am picking in last man standing next week.

I believe Kev signed all the players listed below, but only two have been successful (maybe Onana also), and I think any of us could have identified those two. I do believe Tim and Chermiti will prove to be good signings, and I hope the new additions perform well, but the rest, at best, are average. While I appreciate that he doesn't have the funds to acquire the players he likely wants, I feel that the choices he has made with the available budget have been poor.

Onana - Ok
McNeil - Awful
Maupay - Awful
Garner - Ok
Gueye - Good
Tarkowski - Good
Coady - Ok
Vinagre - Awful
Beto - Ok
Chermiti - Ok
Young - Awful
Danjuma - Awful
Harrison - Ok
O'Brian TBC
Ndiaye TBC
Iroegbunham TBC
Lindstrom TBC

We need an absolute bare minimum of two players in, a centre mid and a right back, in reality we need a half dozen but it's optimistic hoping for the teo we desperately need.

Hope to god the Bove rumour is true and we then sod off links for loans to centre mids from the UK and try get the city RB in for a season.

Then try to see if anyone abroad will loan us anything half decent to plug the rest of the gaps.
We need a forward. Other positions don't matter in a Dyche system

Loan the young City full back who was at Luton last year
Loan the Roma midfielder
Bid 6m for this Almeria winger

It can be done Thelwell with limited resources and maybe we even manage to sell one or two.
Largie is a hard working player and fast player, a bit of that what Bournemouth has.

I would say 6-8m for him is fair, questionable whether he would get game time...

The signings we made made sense, but would need more...

It does seem farcical or at the very least that SD and KT are acting at cross purpose. Dyche always speaks highly of ‘Kev’ so it’s hard to say. It’s only one game but it probably couldn’t have went much worse.

I can understand when players are bought close to game or close to a new season but when we’ve brought players in early and they don’t start or even come on you do wonder what the point of bringing them in was.

Maybe it was a loyalty play to those that kept the team up last season but I’d like to see all the new players start the next game.
O’Brien not playing ahead of Keane was a real shock to me and I can’t understand that at all. The other 2 I’m not surprised though I think they’re players who hopefully give us more options and can do something over the time they’re here but neither of them have records that make you think they’re coming in to be automatic picks in the starting eleven and lindstrom has looked well off it in pre season tbf.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back