Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Won't be a popular opinion but I feel completely indifferent to where he goes when he goes, as long as it's for the biggest number we can get- and the bigger the number the gets the fewer clubs there are who can pay it. We are still in a battle for survival on and off the pitch, and for me that battle here and now is bigger than our rivalry with them.

I'll be honest Tony, I'd hate him going to either Chelsea or United way more, both of those have continually tried to screw us over on players - Chelsea with the Barkley shenanigans and United through using their pet media continually over the last 15 years to undertake anyone they wanted at us.

Take away the local rivalry and the rs have never screwed us over on players but paid top whack usually, and we've had a few players the other way over the years too.

Mate, if you sign two strikers with zero up front payment then to decide not and go all in in one would still give you exactly zero up front you could pay.

Gnoto and O'Brien thing, Leeds wanted circa 15m up front which we frankly just do not have to give, Lyon you'll find out will have accepted a very minimal initial payment likely no more than 3-4m on O'Brien.

Signings we have to make are ones allowing us to kick the can down the road until a change in owner and the ground move.
It's the same as wondering why the old broke drunk always drinks in that one bar that allows him a tab rather than over the road at the better pub which doesn't
It doesn't make any sense to want a wide forward, but then sign a centre half instead because the up front payment is lower. That's signing players for the sake of it.

We need goals and anything we do which reduces our limited budget, makes it harder to add the goals we need. If we need sakes to get the funds then that's the tough decisions that need to be made.

I dont understand anything we've done this summer.

Can someone drive to Finch Farm this morning and pick up Mr Maupay with destination Brentford please :) ? With our defensive issues can not see Thelwell / Dyche getting rid of Keane / Holgate this week unfortunately

If we got a competent striker, right back and midfielder and I think we’d be alright.

Unfortunately I don’t think we will.

Pretty much. As said before, I think the best case scenario for us is we manage to sell one or two and can bring in at least one perm and two loans. Think it will be a very busy last week, especially if Spurs beat us.

It doesn't make any sense to want a wide forward, but then sign a centre half instead because the up front payment is lower. That's signing players for the sake of it.

We need goals and anything we do which reduces our limited budget, makes it harder to add the goals we need. If we need sakes to get the funds then that's the tough decisions that need to be made.

I dont understand anything we've done this summer.

Well we were shown on Saturday exactly why we bought another centre back. That the manager chooses to play his buddy Michael Keane instead of the new centre back is on him.

Can someone drive to Finch Farm this morning and pick up Mr Maupay with destination Brentford please :) ? With our defensive issues can not see Thelwell / Dyche getting rid of Keane / Holgate this week unfortunately
It's less to do with that, and more to do that nobody wants them for a) the contracts they're offering or b) the price we'd deem at least acceptable.

Obviously everton fans have questioned the re-signing of young. but it just amplifies the absurdity of our recruitment when you step out of the everton bubble and talk to other supporters from even non premier league clubs. like I was talking to a Ajax supporter and they were just puzzled by our signings especially the ashley young thing. it becomes futile to even defend our club because you can trot out the kine we need squad coverage but that doesn't hold up because that football senior citizen starts all the time.

This makes absolutely no sense sorry Tim.
Singing a player the manager won't select is clearly a waste of resources. Especially when we have very limited funds.

What makes no sense is trying to sign Gnonto and then signing a centre half.

Im not sure how you say I make no sense. Signing a defender when you can't score is clearly a very strange decision. It's not that complicated.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back