Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It doesn't make any sense to want a wide forward, but then sign a centre half instead because the up front payment is lower. That's signing players for the sake of it.

We need goals and anything we do which reduces our limited budget, makes it harder to add the goals we need. If we need sakes to get the funds then that's the tough decisions that need to be made.

I dont understand anything we've done this summer.
Presumably they see Lindstrom as the winger it would help if Dyche actuallly played new signings but I agree we needed pace and goals as a priority. Problem is the DCL situation and we can't even shift Maupay to bring someone else in.

It doesn't make any sense to want a wide forward, but then sign a centre half instead because the up front payment is lower. That's signing players for the sake of it.

We need goals and anything we do which reduces our limited budget, makes it harder to add the goals we need. If we need sakes to get the funds then that's the tough decisions that need to be made.

I dont understand anything we've done this summer.

Thing is Tim we desperately needed a CB in order to not have to play Keane, can't blame Thelwell for the fact the utter carthorse manager picked him anyway.

Next summer at the very latest we know Branthwaites gonna be off, that'll leave us with exactly one senior CB on the books and he'll be 32 this November so almost 33 at the start of next season.

Right now without O'Brien we are a knock or a suspension away from having to play Keane, if you saw the stats I stuck up for him playing compared to not playing you'll see just how much if a disaster having him playing would be (if Keane had started all 38 games the last three seasons we'd have been relegated).

Throw in the fact that on deadline day if United came in with 80m for Jarrod we will sell him.

Not getting in a CB would hd e been the most disastrous thing the club could have done imo.

Obviously everton fans have questioned the re-signing of young. but it just amplifies the absurdity of our recruitment when you step out of the everton bubble and talk to other supporters from even non premier league clubs. like I was talking to a Ajax supporter and they were just puzzled by our signings especially the ashley young thing. it becomes futile to even defend our club because you can trot out the kine we need squad coverage but that doesn't hold up because that football senior citizen starts all the time.
I believe it was Dyche driving his and Coleman's resigning he probably told KT we could get by with those two and to prioritise other positions, utter negligence when he also does not trust Patterson to start. And when you say we need a right back people say we have four but in reality not one of them is of PL standard currently and the only one who is ever fit is nearly 40 and a walking liability.

Last edited:

Genuine question and no interest in making of social bias implications more just dyche doesn't like players that come certain leagues due to their playing style, but when he was at burnely did he ever sign one south American player or even a player not nationality from la liga or serie a or has always been the allardyce brevit signing mentality?
Cornet is the only one i can think of and he is a winger who he played up front

We 100% need a full back and a foward in the next two weeks or we are in big trouble. I would like a midfielder too but recognise our situation. However you do that and whoever you have to sell to get these you do it

We 100% need a full back and a foward in the next two weeks or we are in big trouble. I would like a midfielder too but recognise our situation. However you do that and whoever you have to sell to get these you do it

I’d go so far as to say we need 2 pacey full backs (one either side) and a rapid wide midfielder/wide forward.

But we’ve needed this for 3 years now.

And if dom goes, a striker.

Think Dom will stay…….

If all that’s on offer for Toney is £35 mill and Saudai, I doubt he has any serious options.

But yeah, think if we see any movement on Beto leaving (we should do as we don't use him at all and when we do we don't play to any of his strengths) then it'll almost certainly means DCL stays.

Just hoping we have enough left (or can raise enough) to get in Bove, the RB at city if possible and someone with actual pace up front/wide

Think Dom will stay……

If all that’s on offer for Toney is £35 mill and Saudai, I doubt he has any serious options.
Yeah but I can understand why clubs are slightly skeptical of Toney, how do they know he won't have a lapse with with his gambling again or even influence other team mates into starting it which then leads to further issues. I know a number of PL clubs (like Arsenal) looked earlier on in the summer then backed off from it. As for Dom I just don't know, he stayed fit last season, I just think if he had a couple more goals on his sheet there would be more interest.

I’d go so far as to say we need 2 pacey full backs (one either side) and a rapid wide midfielder/wide forward.

But we’ve needed this for 3 years now.

And if dom goes, a striker.
Yeah, for me our full backs and a CM are the most pressing issues.

We played a game on Saturday and didnt create anything for the Striker on the pitch, so whats the point in signing a Striker.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back