Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yeah, for me our full backs and a CM are the most pressing issues.

We played a game on Saturday and didnt create anything for the Striker on the pitch, so whats the point in signing a Striker.
I was most impressed with Tim on his first game.

For me it’s obvious Doucoures days in that 10 role are over. He could/should be that extra cm (4th choice) - or sold to Saudi for money (and replaced).

Ndaiye was given too much to do to effect the game, but him and Lindstrom should be the only considerations for that 10 role.

The long hall to Harrison was our only plan. McNeil (mr right foot cross himself) was anonymous. The lack of pace out wide was notable, the ‘PL experience’ lie was a horrific gaff given everyone could see Brighton’s best player while on was Minteh and our best player was Tim.

We all have eyes, and that ginger nuts excuses not to play the other new lads was like a Slap in the face from the reality of the game.

I’m ranting and fuming!! Lol

TL:DR - I agree, but doucoure should be the cm, unless sold.

You just know this is going to be typical of us now don’t you. The window is about to shut,

Beto goes to Atalanta to replace Toure
DCL goes to Brentford to replace Toney
Braithwaite goes to Liverpool to replace Gomes

We get about 100m and then say, we tried to bring players in but the market was poor. It will go down to transfer deadline day and we will say, we had players in the door but just couldn’t get them over.

Genuine question and no interest in making of social bias implications more just dyche doesn't like players that come certain leagues due to their playing style, but when he was at burnely did he ever sign one south American player or even a player not nationality from la liga or serie a or has always been the allardyce brevit signing mentality?
Did sign Max Cornet in 2021/22 who did well that season but again wasn't played until Week 5...

But yeah, think if we see any movement on Beto leaving (we should do as we don't use him at all and when we do we don't play to any of his strengths) then it'll almost certainly means DCL stays.

Just hoping we have enough left (or can raise enough) to get in Bove, the RB at city if possible and someone with actual pace up front/wide

Its still more needed in the attacking third for me mate, pace in wide areas and a couple of full backs as someone said at the weekend we are a counter attacking team who cant counter quickly.

The weekend also showed me that if the defence aren't up to it on any given day, we cant rely on our attack to contribute much or anything to help us.

Yeah but I can understand why clubs are slightly skeptical of Toney, how do they know he won't have a lapse with with his gambling again or even influence other team mates into starting it which then leads to further issues. I know a number of PL clubs (like Arsenal) looked earlier on in the summer then backed off from it. As for Dom I just don't know, he stayed fit last season, I just think if he had a couple more goals on his sheet there would be more interest.

Same with Dom really mate, can you rely on him to play 38 games a season due to his injuries in the past three seasons, if not is the juice worth the squeeze as a back up for the cost.

Toney is the better forward.

You just know this is going to be typical of us now don’t you. The window is about to shut,

Beto goes to Atalanta to replace Toure
DCL goes to Brentford to replace Toney
Braithwaite goes to Liverpool to replace Gomes

We get about 100m and then say, we tried to bring players in but the market was poor. It will go down to transfer deadline day and we will say, we had players in the door but just couldn’t get them over.
Dare i say it even Everton Football Club will not sell 2 strikers and not replace them lol. I hope we will be a bit more pro active and get Nketiah from Arsenal on loan.
Can also play out wide i see, but not sure how good he is in that position.

I'll be honest Tony, I'd hate him going to either Chelsea or United way more, both of those have continually tried to screw us over on players - Chelsea with the Barkley shenanigans and United through using their pet media continually over the last 15 years to undertake anyone they wanted at us.

Take away the local rivalry and the rs have never screwed us over on players but paid top whack usually, and we've had a few players the other way over the years too.
I hate saying it but honestly one of the things the last few years have drained from me is any depth of feeling about them at all. I’ve been too busy worrying about how Luton or Leeds or Burnley are getting on to care what they do. Half the time an RS win is the best result for us.

So while I’ll always root against them in the big ones, and the last derby was of course extra special, it doesn’t really register much with me if we did sell them a player. Hopefully in 5 or 10 years time it can be a genuine rivalry again, for league places and trophies. But to get there it’ll take sensible business decisions, like selling players to the highest bidder no matter who they are.

Like you say, us caving and selling him to United for some paltry offer would be far more humiliating after the way they’ve acted than accepting fair market value from the RS.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back