Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I was most impressed with Tim on his first game.

For me it’s obvious Doucoures days in that 10 role are over. He could/should be that extra cm (4th choice) - or sold to Saudi for money (and replaced).

Ndaiye was given too much to do to effect the game, but him and Lindstrom should be the only considerations for that 10 role.

The long hall to Harrison was our only plan. McNeil (mr right foot cross himself) was anonymous. The lack of pace out wide was notable, the ‘PL experience’ lie was a horrific gaff given everyone could see Brighton’s best player while on was Minteh and our best player was Tim.

We all have eyes, and that ginger nuts excuses not to play the other new lads was like a Slap in the face from the reality of the game.

I’m ranting and fuming!! Lol

TL:DR - I agree, but doucoure should be the cm, unless sold.
Its why Ndiaye needs to be the number 10

Its still more needed in the attacking third for me mate, pace in wide areas and a couple of full backs as someone said at the weekend we are a counter attacking team who cant counter quickly.

The weekend also showed me that if the defence aren't up to it on any given day, we cant rely on our attack to contribute much or anything to help us.
I agree we badly lack pace in wide areas and full backs. Although if he played Lindstrom and Ndiaye we might look a bit better.

I agree we badly lack pace in wide areas and full backs. Although if he played Lindstrom and Ndiaye we might look a bit better.

I think a lot is being made of it mate, Tim played a full game and Illy came on for about a third of it.

For my money the lads have to fight for their places.

Lads who had the jerseys at the weekend are under threat now, it’s up to Jesper, Illy and Jake to force their way in and when they get in keep that shirt.

Those who played on Saturday didn’t do themselves any favours, bar Tim.

I think a lot is being made of it mate, Tim played a full game and Illy came on for a third of it.

Lads who had the jerseys at the weekend are under threat now, it’s up to Jesper, Illy and Jake to force their way in and when they get in keep that shirt.

I’m preparing to be furious as the same 11 minus young for Holgate (rather than Dixon) and maybe doucoure for ndaiye. But the manager loves doucoure, so if it’s not going amazingly well he will be first sub on in under 60 minutes.

I think a lot is being made of it mate, Tim played a full game and Illy came on for about a third of it.

how dam they fight for they’re places when every player would train hard

and ginger nuts still picks his bum boys?

how dam they fight for they’re places when every player would train hard

and ginger nuts still picks his bum boys?

It’s managing the team dynamic mate, when I played I’d be furious if a new player came in and took my spot - even if they were arguably better.

If I tanked or they earned it coming on and I was dropped - then that’s fair enough.

I’ve been on both ends of that - loosing a place and having to earn it despite being better.

That’s the culture you want and you want both the existing player and new player to duke it out - respond and that improves the team and raises standards.

Lads at the weekend put their own heads on the chopper - bar Tim.

Last edited:

I believe it was Dyche driving his and Coleman's resigning he probably told KT we could get by with those two and to prioritise other positions, utter negligence when he also does not trust Patterson to start. And when you say we need a right back people say we have four but in reality not one of them is of PL standard currently and the only one who is ever fit is nearly 40 and a walking liability.
If we had signed a full back would you have passed up on Ndiaye or Lindstrom ?

Yeah, for me our full backs and a CM are the most pressing issues.

We played a game on Saturday and didnt create anything for the Striker on the pitch, so whats the point in signing a Striker.
Shocking to see, Aston Villa, Newcastle and West Ham clubs of our size are miles ahead and able to add quality rather than lose. Some of them are further in development.

It was frustrating to see what we made out of a few very good ball recoveries in their half the first 30 mins...

We discussed in May of how critical the situation is, with 7-8 players or that having a situation cleared over June 2025.

The transfers we made I am fine with them. There have some problems been addressed, but still not all of them.

CM (3 alright players), RB (2 players that are injured + young), + adding pace in the midfield would be nice.

Shocking to see, Aston Villa, Newcastle and West Ham clubs of our size are miles ahead and able to add quality rather than lose. Some of them are further in development.

It was frustrating to see what we made out of a few very good ball recoveries in their half the first 30 mins...

We discussed in May of how critical the situation is, with 7-8 players or that having a situation cleared over June 2025.

The transfers we made I am fine with them. There have some problems been addressed, but still not all of them.

CM (3 alright players), RB (2 players that are injured + young), + adding pace in the midfield would be nice.
What is it like 3 seasons with out any real transfer windows we have been left to not really improve the squad. No shock been left behind is a very average team now, need see us try and bring players on but i think will be another quiet week

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back