Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It’s absolute madness really. Nobody will go near that and rightfully so.

Imagine if DCL was playing for forest and we bid 40 mill with a year left on his contract with his injury record and goal record.
Perhaps we just play Levi style hardball now. We wouldn't get 40m but maybe the target price we set can bag us an extra 5m through a counter offer

It’s absolute madness really. Nobody will go near that and rightfully so.

Imagine if DCL was playing for forest and we bid 40 mill with a year left on his contract with his injury record and goal record.
I wonder if a small fee would be swallowed up before we could even spend it maybe so they're saying they need a big fee to justify letting him go otherwise we're just losing a player and not able to replace them. I'm only guessing but it seems clear that the finances are still very very precarious so I wouldn't be surprised if its something like that.

Lewin will go as its madness to keep him while we can still get a decent fee for him as he has no interest in signing a new contract. The only thing that worries me we will be left with Beto, Chermiti and Ndiaye as our only strikers (Not including Maupay as hopefully he will be sent somewhere on loan). If we dont bring another striker in we are in a bit of a mess.

If we could get £20mil+ for DCL...

Sell Beto/Maupay as well and sign 1 CF

If not then surely we can find a few quid for Gnonto or spend it on a very good RB ?

I have zero confidence in our recruitment. There is a massive disconnect somewhere
Let's see the wood for the trees: our recruitment is dire because a) we're in a financial mess, and b) our owner wants out, so longevity and risk aren't priorities.

We are in a position where we really need to scrape the barrel in terms of outlay on fees, and then the wages. It is a thankless task they're being asked to do!

Brighton have just agreed a deal for Ferdi Kadioglu, such a class act.
1724072681083.webp

Let's see the wood for the trees: our recruitment is dire because a) we're in a financial mess, and b) our owner wants out, so longevity and risk aren't priorities.

We are in a position where we really need to scrape the barrel in terms of outlay on fees, and then the wages. It is a thankless task they're being asked to do!
Didn't we just spend £17m on a 4th choice CB when we need pace and goals?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back