Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Singing a player the manager won't select is clearly a waste of resources. Especially when we have very limited funds.

What makes no sense is trying to sign Gnonto and then signing a centre half.
I think Jake was just next on the list on plans for recruitment like if gnonto was signed we would of tried to acquire Jake too. It was widely reported the plan was to acquire two wingers ,then a center back and an onana replacement somehow the plan got mucked up maybe it involved shifting some of our dregs and no one made a move or we assumed clubs would go for the multi installment payment plan but Jake was always part of the plan it seemed

Singing a player the manager won't select is clearly a waste of resources. Especially when we have very limited funds.

What makes no sense is trying to sign Gnonto and then signing a centre half.

Im not sure how you say I make no sense. Signing a defender when you can't score is clearly a very strange decision. It's not that complicated.

How were we to know that the manager inexplicably won’t select him? Branthwaite is currently out injured with no return date in sight, so we have signed a player to fill in for him so we don’t have to continue playing Michael Keane, who despite you clearly thinking is good enough to replace Branthwaite, is a goal conceding magnet and would have us finishing bottom of the league if he played all season. The fact that the manager won’t play the replacement, is squarely on the manager and his stubbornness/nepotism. We needed a centre back, as Michael Keane continues to prove every single time he sets foot on a football pitch.

How were we to know that the manager inexplicably won’t select him? Branthwaite is currently out injured with no return date in sight, so we have signed a player to fill in for him so we don’t have to continue playing Michael Keane, who despite you clearly thinking is good enough to replace Branthwaite, is a goal conceding magnet and would have us finishing bottom of the league if he played all season. The fact that the manager won’t play the replacement, is squarely on the manager and his stubbornness/nepotism. We needed a centre back, as Michael Keane continues to prove every single time he sets foot on a football pitch.
I dont think Keane is good enough but we are led to believe Branthwaite could be back for game 3. It makes no sense to prioritise a signing for an injury that will be healed in a fortnight. We don't have enough money to make signings for short term injuries.

We have an option in our squad in defence who will hopefully very soon be fit. We have nobody in the squad who is good enough in the final third. You prioritise that position and try to cover the injuries during August. To suggest a centre half signing was a priority because Branthwaite will miss 2 matches is just daft.

And it all comes back to the lack of coordination behind our recruitment. If the manager is not going to pick a player then why is he being signed. And if the manager is stubbornly choosing older players rather than developing younger players, then why is the DOF approving contract extensions.

None of it is good enough. They get a 2 /10 from me for this summer.

Genuine question and no interest in making of social bias implications more just dyche doesn't like players that come certain leagues due to their playing style, but when he was at burnely did he ever sign one south American player or even a player not nationality from la liga or serie a or has always been the allardyce brevit signing mentality?

I dont think Keane is good enough but we are led to believe Branthwaite could be back for game 3. It makes no sense to prioritise a signing for an injury that will be healed in a fortnight. We don't have enough money to make signings for short term injuries.

We have an option in our squad in defence who will hopefully very soon be fit. We have nobody in the squad who is good enough in the final third. You prioritise that position and try to cover the injuries during August. To suggest a centre half signing was a priority because Branthwaite will miss 2 matches is just daft.

And it all comes back to the lack of coordination behind our recruitment. If the manager is not going to pick a player then why is he being signed. And if the manager is stubbornly choosing older players rather than developing younger players, then why is the DOF approving contract extensions.

But we’ve signed two attacking players, who again the manager won’t play, so how can you say this? I’m not buying that you’ve ever seen either of these players play. You’re basically trusting that because the manager won’t play them ahead of Abdoulaye Doucoure, that they just automatically aren’t good enough or ready.

We signed attacking players before we addressed the centre back issue, so obviously the attack was the priority. But the centre back issue still needed addressing, and it was. That the manager won’t use any of the new players is just squarely on him, once again.

Tim , it's pretty evident that Jake wasn't acquired as a stop gap until Branthwaite was healed we needed an additional defender in addition to tarks and bran

But we’ve signed two attacking players, who again the manager won’t play, so how can you say this? I’m not buying that you’ve ever seen either of these players play. You’re basically trusting that because the manager won’t play them ahead of Abdoulaye Doucoure, that they just automatically aren’t good enough or ready. We signed attacking players before we addressed the centre back issue. But the centre back issue still needed addressing, and it was. That the manager won’t use any of the new players is just squarely on him, once again.
I dont understand how you can think that a centre half is more important than someone who can score. Unless you genuinely would prefer to avoid 1 match of Michael Keane rather than a starting forward for the full season. In which case, fair enough, we will agree to disagree.

I've seen Ndiaye plenty and I definitely think he's better than Doucoure and should have started. I know very very little about Lindstrom.

But neither of them are consistent goal.scorers in the past. We need someone to play centre forward who can score goals.

Moving on some strikers and bringing in a better one is essential in the next two weeks.

Back to my main point, I just don't think it makes any sense to spend good money on someone who will not be first choice when everyone is fit. Our starting 11 needs hugely strengthened before we look at squad players.

I dont understand how you can think that a centre half is more important than someone who can score. Unless you genuinely would prefer to avoid 1 match of Michael Keane rather than a starting forward for the full season. In which case, fair enough, we will agree to disagree.

I've seen Ndiaye plenty and I definitely think he's better than Doucoure and should have started. I know very very little about Lindstrom.

But neither of them are consistent goal.scorers in the past. We need someone to play centre forward who can score goals.

Moving on some strikers and bringing in a better one is essential in the next two weeks.

I’m sorry WHERE have I said that?! We signed two attackers before we addressed the centre back issue, so clearly we prioritised adding goals and creativity before the centre back. And it’s not “1 game of Michael Keane” is it, we don’t have a clue when Branthwaite is back and injuries could easily happen in the future to either centre half. At the time of signing O’Brien, Tarkowski was also injured.

Personally I don’t understand how you can think we could get by in any Premier League fixture with Michael Keane in the team, but then again you did think he was our best centre back as recently as last year so maybe I should factor that thought process in.

I’m sorry WHERE have I said that?! We signed two attackers before we addressed the centre back issue, so clearly we prioritised adding goals and creativity before the centre back. And it’s not “1 game of Michael Keane” is it, we don’t have a clue when Branthwaite is back and injuries could easily happen in the future to either centre half. At the time of signing O’Brien, Tarkowski was also injured.

Personally I don’t understand how you can think we could get by in any Premier League fixture with Michael Keane in the team, but then again you did think he was our best centre back as recently as last year so maybe I should factor that thought process in.
I think we all agree that when our team is fit, O Brien isn't a starter at this point.

When our starting team is so poor, I think improving the first choice 11 is more important than cover and depth. O Brien might well turn our to be a good player and I hope he does, but if it means we don't add goals and pace this summer, it's not best use of resources IMO.

When we spend good money it has to be for someone who improves the first team. And that shouldn't be that difficult because we are not a good team.

The 4 players we've signed under Dyche for decent fees are Beto Chermiti Ndiaye and O Brien. None of them look to be starters under Dyche. Something has gone really wrong with that recruitment.

I think we all agree that when our team is fit, O Brien isn't a starter at this point.

When our starting team is so poor, I think improving the first choice 11 is more important than cover and depth. O Brien might well turn our to be a good player and I hope he does, but if it means we don't add goals and pace this summer, it's not best use of resources IMO.

When we spend good money it has to be for someone who improves the first team. And that shouldn't be that difficult because we are not a good team.

When our team is fit, Ndiaye and Lindstrom should start. So we can say that we have added attackers to the first team before we addressed the centre back issue. Again, the issue we have here is the manager’s pig headedness.

O'Brien was not bought due to a short term injury he was bought to replace Branthwaite when he goes next summer. Now i see the argument regards budget I think most assumed he wasn't the last of our budget when we were also persuing Gnonto. But we did a deal with a French club with the down payments that is how we could afford it. There are players we could get in a similiar fashion with pace on loan or small down payments but we seemingly have not the means or want to do it. All eggs in a Gnonto basket we are priced out of.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back