Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think trippier to everton would be a good move for us but it might tempt him to relapse with his gambling addiction sure fire move to bet on our opponent 😂
With respect this comment is I poor taste. Gambling addiction shouldn't be the butt of a joke and neither should encouraging someone to relapse.

Please be mindful this addiction is no joke.

I like Tripper, apparently he’s had some personal problems in the last year.

Just seems a bit mad to have 3 right fulls over 30 on decent wedge - at what stage does it make better sense to go for a young long term replacement.

What would that position cost weekly on wages 200k prob if you include Patterson, seems bad squad planning - with no succession.
Next season is the best time, hopefully when this joker has been ditched and we have a new manager in place. Young should never have been given a new 1 year deal.

Nah Jimmy I think everyone is aware of the situation, I think we're all just rightly pissed off with the situation that's all.

Understandable to be frustrated, the squad is crap, the football we play is crap, there seems no end to the constant problems, it wears people down.

Nothing that an 8-0 win wouldn't fix like but eh, we can't have everything!
I don't think they are though i'm seeing posts about succession planning and bad strategies which suggest that people are just not grasping that the only thing the club is trying to do is stay in this division I don't know how after everything thats happened but people still seem to think that this is just happening because Dyche wants someone else old or because Thelwell can't scout instead of understanding that its a move they think will help them achieve the only goal they have.

Next season is the best time, hopefully when this joker has been ditched and we have a new manager in place. Young should never have been given a new 1 year deal.

Looks to me we have to choose what’s available with limits as opposed to what we want and what would future proof us.

Just tired of lurching from crisis to crisis - putting a sticking plaster on things.

Would we be doing this if Coleman, Young were available! Just strikes me as reactionary and decision made this week - maybe I’m wrong!

But this and O’Brien strike me as bad planning - even if I like both players - but are they best use of limited resources and are they priorities…..

weird how newcastle replaced their 33 year old ageing and mistake prone full back for a highly rated young 21 year old and a highly rated young 19 year old

its almost as if their director of football knows what they are doing
Again, it will be Dyche. You heard it from the man himself- he was instrumental in recruiting 'Youngy' and in getting him to sign a new deal.

He told us himself his view on PL experience - to the point that he tried to claim Keane had a good pre-season.

And if you listen to Dyche go on about 'Tripps' to know that he'll be all over this.

Stinking ginger dinosaur 🙈

I don't think they are though i'm seeing posts about succession planning and bad strategies which suggest that people are just not grasping that the only thing the club is trying to do is stay in this division I don't know how after everything thats happened but people still seem to think that this is just happening because Dyche wants someone else old or because Thelwell can't scout instead of understanding that its a move they think will help them achieve the only goal they have.

It is bad squad planning though mate someone decided that Coleman and Young were worthy of new contracts and manning that position with Patterson, now we’ve flipped flopped and decided they aren’t and need to bring someone else in.

Looks to me we have to choose what’s available with limits as opposed to what we want and what would future proof us.

Just tired of lurching from crisis to crisis - putting a sticking plaster on things.

Would we be doing this if Coleman, Young were available! Just strikes me as reactionary and decision made this week - maybe I’m wrong!

But this and O’Brien strike me as bad planning - even if I like both players - but are they best use of limited resources and are they priorities…..
I guess they hoped they could just about struggle through with what they had but the injuries and suspension already have just made them realise that they probably can't. I don't think there really is a medium term plan I think they are literally just trying to hang on to their premier league place for now and leave the rest of it to a new owner thats why they make the signings they make and play the football they do it makes no sense to me that some can't seem to see it they are ONLY concerned with limping through to the end of the season still in this league and the sooner people accept it the better.

But does it surprise you mate, I posted in here before the Brighton game that keane was above O'brien in the pecking order and got laughter at its got dyche all over it. But I would welcome trippier because he's better than want we have.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back