Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

You might be right - i dont know for certain on the renegotiations - but i know Seamus was on about 68K last year and Young 70k. Cant see it being drastically reduced if has neem.

They weren't on those wages mate not unless we somehow gave Seamus a increase last time he extended a year. And we didn't pay young more than he was on at villa either.

Coleman and Young are not on 70k per week each mate.

Best reports I can see has them on 55 and 40 respectively as of last season, it's reasonable to assume both resigned on a one year deal on a lesser amount also given their age and lack of other options available yo either besides retiring.
Regardless we shouldn’t be paying them 100k a week combined, or anything near that. It should have been-at most- one renewed.

So can we get another loan in the Premier league if we gor trippier? I hope so there's a whole heaping of chelsea cast offs sti available
Nope.

It's why it's a waste. Lots of talented domestic players available for a loan who would genuinely improve us. And we'll have wasted ours on Harrison and Trippier. Such Sean Dyche players. But, if Dyche had his way we would already have filled it with Phillips - another Dyche player.

The clown is just unbearable.

I dotn even mind Tripper in isolation mate - but its giving both Coleman and Young 70k a week each - then bringing in another on big wages - ive no doubt what you describe is happening but i think even in that context its such bad planning- but its utterly stupid to have made a decision on Coleman and Young and then do this anyway. im not saying Tripper is even the wrong choice - more that it was stupid to do Coleman and Yong as well and i wouldn't even be those twos biggest cirticis.
It is bad planning but on a much bigger scale than people are talking about this is just a result of the bad planning at the club over many years not something that can be called bad on its own. They gave Coleman and Young new contracts because at the time they were gambling that was the cheapest way to have a squad capable of staying up but now they think maybe that was a bad choice so they're doing the next cheapest thing which is bringing in another experienced player on loan to help them do it instead its like hoping you can get the train without paying for a ticket if it works its great and you've saved money if it doesn't you end up paying more than you would have done in the first place but its a chance a lot of people will take.

Have to say i am bit surprised, i maybe foolishly thought wed moved on from from building overhangs of players in certain positions and wasting squad places and wages......im really annoyed about it.
I'm peed off about it myself mate but as I say no surprise, 1 game in and it feels like 30.

Regardless we shouldn’t be paying them 100k a week combined, or anything near that. It should have been-at most- one renewed.

No arguments Tony, in an even semi normal situation it should have been neither renewed, we should have brought in a good young player already proven in a a decent league and brought in a utility player to cover across the back.

But it costs real money and we don't have any it seems. Wages cost but on the drip, signing costs the fees and the amount you have to pay if front.

We seem to have between no to limited ability to do that now

It is bad planning but on a much bigger scale than people are talking about this is just a result of the bad planning at the club over many years not something that can be called bad on its own. They gave Coleman and Young new contracts because at the time they were gambling that was the cheapest way to have a squad capable of staying up but now they think maybe that was a bad choice so they're doing the next cheapest thing which is bringing in another experienced player on loan to help them do it instead its like hoping you can get the train without paying for a ticket if it works its great and you've saved money if it doesn't you end up paying more than you would have done in the first place but its a chance a lot of people will take.

Dont agree mate, if you'd made a decision and the that decision then costs you more money - then its a bad decision and thus bad planning.

To be honest, what this says to me is that we've looked at the squad and quality and we're worried and want experience in to grind this out.

Neither Coleman or Young has lasted what 60 mins of football in a game and a bit - bad squad planning.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back