Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Agreed mate, its really annoyed me this and its not even happened yet or might not.

But if i was Everton chairman/owner and someone came to me saying we need X for Tripper and the deal costs Y - id be rolling heads as to why they made the decision to offer contracts to Young and Coleman.

My next question is what are you doing about this next summer when we are right back (pardon the pun) in the same position..............................

Im sick of the incompetence in decision making and culture of wastefulness.
Could you be looking at this any more wrongly.

But its not justification at all i'm saying its terrible I don't know how you could think i'm justifying it! The club shouldn't be in a position where Coleman and Young are on the books nevermind getting a new contract but they are in that position so you have to judge it on that basis. The club do not want to spend any money so they gambled on not getting a right back because they thought they could manage now maybe the injuries are worse than they thought or something but they've decided they do need one but they still need it to be cheap because they don't want to spend any money so they want a loan. They don't care about the long term they aren't going to be here so false economy doesn't come into it its all about keeping the actual cost down as much as they can while staying in the league.

Not caring about the long term, wouldn't that actually mean gong out spending crap tons in dross and leaving it to the next men in to deal with the consequences?

Short term deals trying to keep the costs down while we are hemorrhaging money I'd say is the only way we should be recruiting players over a certain age or who fit this particular manager.

O'Brien, Tim, Ndiaye, Lindstrom (possibly if made permanent) all under 24 and all cost money. None suit a particular 'polar' managerial style or system.

Young, Trippier, Coleman, Gueye, Harrison, Doucoure (when extended the other year) - all older, none will be left for a new manager to have to deal with as they are all short term deals.

One of the main reasons for the mess we are in is the constant loading of long term deals buying fir a specific manager and we to send repeated that 3-4 times until we had so many misfits it made the financial mess and on the pitch mess ten times worse.

We stopped doing that under Thelwell, yet he gets criticised seemingly for doing so.....

Not caring about the long term, wouldn't that actually mean gong out spending crap tons in dross and leaving it to the next men in to deal with the consequences?

Short term deals trying to keep the costs down while we are hemorrhaging money I'd say is the only way we should be recruiting players over a certain age or who fit this particular manager.

O'Brien, Tim, Ndiaye, Lindstrom (possibly if made permanent) all under 24 and all cost money. None suit a particular 'polar' managerial style or system.

Young, Trippier, Coleman, Gueye, Harrison, Doucoure (when extended the other year) - all older, none will be left for a new manager to have to deal with as they are all short term deals.

One of the main reasons for the mess we are in is the constant loading of long term deals buying fir a specific manager and we to send repeated that 3-4 times until we had so many misfits it made the financial mess and on the pitch mess ten times worse.

We stopped doing that under Thelwell, yet he gets criticised seemingly for doing so.....
No the whole point of what i'm saying is they don't want to spend any money why they would go out and spend crap tons! They are trying to stay in the league with the smallest possible outlay thats the point what you're suggesting makes absolutely no sense.

Myko has been a good signing for us.

Thelwell hasn’t done that great a job at recruiting for long term. When next season we are going to need 3 new CBs, a RB (if not 2) another LB, a minimum of 3 midfielders, minimum 2 wingers and a striker.

That’s 11, maybe 12 players to bring in. That’s not forward planning.

Leaving - Keane, holgate, Coleman, young, gana, Doucoure, Harrison, lindstrom, DCL and likely Patterson and branthwaite.
You know that post is zats wet dream
He will be standing his sheets up against the wall in the morning after reading that

A week ago, most would have you believe Everton have had a good transfer window :lol:

Same story from the last two seasons just want to see us trying to get deals i can accept the trippier deal that is fine. But we still need more pace out wide and another cm then throw in problems at lb backup and then the cf problem.

Now think that the domestic loans are being used to bring in Dyche type players rather than using what little we had e to buy those types of players.

It means a future manager change doesn't leave the new one stuck with the priors ageing choices.

The permanent signings are Tim and Ndiaye, the foreign loans with options give us choices next season, all bring used on none Dyche type players.

It's sensible recruitment when you're on your arse as a club financially
Think we just need to stop humouring Dyche on any level tbh. Players like Young hold us back massively. Trippier will be the same. It's about actually improving and giving us a chance, not pandering to the whims of a Sunday League manager like Dyche. Even if we got a talented young player on loan from a big club with no option and actually played him, who's to say what could happen.

Long time ago but none of us thought we'd end up signing Lukaku permanently! A much better use of a loan than a washed up player.

And don't get me wrong, Trippier of 3 years ago on a loan would be a good signing. Not now.

So far this window, I'm impressed with the Iroegbunam signing. An England u20 who will surely hop up to the England u21s next squad.

If we could add Gnonto then I'd be 'content' with the business. Not happy, just content.

I think O'Brien is 'exciting' simply because he seems to be a late bloomer.

I'm disappointed that we signed Ndiaye instead of Asprilla.

He looks to have a very high ceiling.

If we'd have signed Asprilla, Gnonto & Iroegbunam I'd consider it to have been an almost perfect window.

All 3 would be starters. As things stand only Iroegbunam has slotted into the 11 out of 5 new signings.
Dyche would not have started them all , well at least not all together

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back