Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

My guess is that 25m is gonna be used mostly or at least in part to fund the loan payments going out until January after the money runs out in December.

To buy now we will have to offload some players
Think something similar was said on Bobble's podcast. Heavy interest repayments (like, eye-wateringly heavy) are due out soon. With no takeover, money needs to be saved.

It started well. We did good business and are c. 25-30m in profit. Which is the real issue - if Kev had got that profit to spend we could be looking at an excellent window, but the money disappeared and the business stopped.

You simply can't expect to significantly improve the squad AND turn a substantial profit to fund the rest of the business, not window after window.

I do think Tim, O'Brien, Ndiaye and Lindstrom for Onana, Godfrey, Danjuma and Dobbin should overall improve us, and make a profit, and we don't know what the next week brings. But it's simply impossible to make a giant leap without at the very least spending that profit.

Yup I feel with another 25-30m to spend, we'd have seen a really big improvement as we'd have likely been able to bring in 3 more quality additions, maybe more.

Not to be sadly, still think we will see a couple of later deals after Trippier - cm and winger.

He was poor the back end of the season and he wasn't great at the Euros. He is 34 this year and if that's the best we can come up with for a position we have needed for years then it says it all about how this club is being run.

Had a dip in form from playing 95% of all of Newcastle's games, home and in Europe, at 33.

It happens.

He was poor the back end of the season and he wasn't great at the Euros. He is 34 this year and if that's the best we can come up with for a position we have needed for years then it says it all about how this club is being run.
Says a lot about the power handed to Dyche. Already got his way with Ashley Young (twice) and now this. At this stage, they just need to give Patterson a go (I know he's not available for Saturday, but neither would Trippier be if we sign him). Use Coleman/Garner to cover if necessary. If we decide at the end of the season, having given Patterson a proper go, that he isn't good enough, we'll still have added some value to his transfer fee and we can re-invest.

Think something similar was said on Bobble's podcast. Heavy interest repayments (like, eye-wateringly heavy) are due out soon. With no takeover, money needs to be saved.

Hadn't seen that but yeah it does tally with my own thinking just looking at the available financial data, we will have around a 30m hole to reach January otherwise.

If the percentages I've heard are true, then I hope everyone connected with 777 gets locked up as in years gone by it would have been called usury.

What are you talking about? Thats my whole point! I don't know how but you've confused yourself something rotten here all i've been saying is that theres no money to spend and now you're explaining that back to me as if i've said the opposite. Who said it was DoFs responsibility? You've totally misunderstood the whole point of about 5 posts mate.

Fair enough Jimmy 😂

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back