Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Fair enough mate.

But our Wage bill was 160m last published accounts, its not that high cos we are paying peanuts.

For context, if we paid 20 players 100k a week, that adds up to 104m.
Goat.
I think both players were in a weak bargaining position, Young in particular at 39 who form if I am being kind was at best alright and without a queue forming for his signature was probable delighted to get a salary between 30k per week and 40k per week.... which is still enormous money for any individual to earn.

Seamus is club captain, clearly carries a hugely positive influence at the club and is a competent back up right back but does have ever increasing fitness issues. I think he might be on a little more than Young but not much.

I think the very point about our high wage bill means that we are not anymore throwing out silly wages. There would be no pint to all the cost cutting in recent years and then offering huge wages to players like Coleman and Young.

Since he arrived I think Kevin Thelwell has primarily been working on cutting wages and cutting players from the squad that are playing no part.

Fair enough mate.

But our Wage bill was 160m last published accounts, its not that high cos we are paying peanuts.

For context, if we paid 20 players 100k a week, that adds up to 104m.
Surely some money laudering going on there from our accountant owner?

Funneling funds out the club? We have been 'slashing the wage bill' for almost 5 years

Goat.
I think both players were in a weak bargaining position, Young in particular at 39 who form if I am being kind was at best alright and without a queue forming for his signature was probable delighted to get a salary between 30k per week and 40k per week.... which is still enormous money for any individual to earn.

Seamus is club captain, clearly carries a hugely positive influence at the club and is a competent back up right back but does have ever increasing fitness issues. I think he might be on a little more than Young but not much.

I think the very point about our high wage bill means that we are not anymore throwing out silly wages. There would be no pint to all the cost cutting in recent years and then offering huge wages to players like Coleman and Young.

Since he arrived I think Kevin Thelwell has primarily been working on cutting wages and cutting players from the squad that are playing no part.
My assumption was Coleman and Young were relatively cheap squad additions - who also bring that PL experience Dyche fixates on in pressers.

The reality seems to be that they still need to start rather than provide cover, which is poor.

My assumption was Coleman and Young were relatively cheap squad additions - who also bring that PL experience Dyche fixates on in pressers.

The reality seems to be that they still need to start rather than provide cover, which is poor.
I know people have got a big downer on them both but surely even some of the biggest critics on here don't believe that this is the level of squad that Dyche and Thelwell actually want. Their hands are tied they're being asked to keep the club in the league while cutting the wage bill and making a profit on transfers so they're making decisions based on that not based on what they really want they're just trying to fill gaps in the squad for the smallest cost possible.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back