Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I like some of the players that Kev has brought in, but I think he has done a poo job if I’m being honest. What his signings tell me is Dyche will not be here much longer and he is preparing for the next coach to come in. Maybe he is hoping to survive the culling of the next owner with Dyche heading out. He has certainly not worked with the manager by the looks of it.
I don't know about the planning for beyond dyche part because a lot of the players we've been looking at or signed like ndiaye we've had interest for several transfer windows even pre dyche

That's down to the manager mate, the DoFs job is to get the best available players he can to fit the areas of the squad that need addressing, you can't recruit as a DoF based upon what a certain manager wants only - else you end up with what we ended up with a patchwork of players who fitted no new manager.
Oh I know. I like the signings, but they only become good signings if they play. If McNeil Harrison and Doucoure start 80% of games then they’re bad signings because the manager doesn’t want them for his team.

And then a power struggle emerges. Dyche has said if he doesn’t like a player he won’t play him and then a big decision needs to be made by the club

Errrm the fact that to the keep the club running he has taken out 200m in pay day loans from a company being done for fraud in the states mate?

You do know the last two 777 loans were used to pay the wages 😂.

Currently the wages are being paid by the TV money first tranch, after November we are out of money again.
taking out a loan is not proof that he is not putting money into the club

other clubs take out loans and spend big

I like some of the players that Kev has brought in, but I think he has done a poo job if I’m being honest. What his signings tell me is Dyche will not be here much longer and he is preparing for the next coach to come in. Maybe he is hoping to survive the culling of the next owner with Dyche heading out. He has certainly not worked with the manager by the looks of it.

Said a few times, looks like we are recruiting long term for a different system and style of play.

If I was speculating I'd wager a 3-4-3 or variant of it.

taking out a loan is not proof that he is not putting money into the club

other clubs take out loans and spend big

Taking out a loan at ridiculous interest rates is.

As also are the most recent financial accounts which have to declare any money he put in and showed he had put nothing in mate.

But don't let obvious facts get in the way of your grand koppite conspiracy theory.

Err nah, we have 3 actual CB's. If we wanted to play that in the future we'd need a whole lot more.

We play fullbacks with one working one mate.

The club's a total mess and it'll take time to get players in to fit any system fully.

Just think we seem to be recruiting players who would fit into a 3-4-3 way better than any 4-4- system

Taking out a loan at ridiculous interest rates is.

As also are the most recent financial accounts which have to declare any money he put in and showed he had put nothing in mate.

But don't let obvious facts get in the way of your grand koppite conspiracy theory.
conspiracy theory

your theory is a billionaire owner has bought a football club and has stopped funding it

what next, he buys a car and lets it run out of petrol?

he eats the food in his fridge and then stops buying food?

ridiculous

Said a few times, looks like we are recruiting long term for a different system and style of play.

If I was speculating I'd wager a 3-4-3 or variant of it.
I hope Dyche adapts and we at least get some sort of momentum. I think he will be his own downfall though. In fairness to Dyche most managers are stubborn and will make the same mistakes. He will have to make some tough decisions- some against his will to make the best of this team. He needs to drop the petty streak he has going on with some players too. It’s time for him to man up and look in the mirror.

It's just so weird that we were going after gnonto I know we were trying to pay in small installments but it seemed like we had some money now it's tumbleweeds
Maybe we expected the take over to happen in a few months at the time and it collapsed and any assuring of budgets went with it. But I do agree its bizarre this will be the second summer we went for him failed then didn't bring in ANYONE of that profile. So we identify a clear need pace and threat from out wide but are only willing to buy one player of that kind.... it makes no sense.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back