Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I hope Dyche adapts and we at least get some sort of momentum. I think he will be his own downfall though. In fairness to Dyche most managers are stubborn and will make the same mistakes. He will have to make some tough decisions- some against his will to make the best of this team. He needs to drop the petty streak he has going on with some players too. It’s time for him to man up and look in the mirror.

Yeah he has the players to alter things, will he use them though, who knows, I suspect only by having no other options.

Maybe we expected the take over to happen in a few months at the time and it collapsed and any assuring of budgets went with it. But I do agree its bizarre this will be the second summer we went for him then didn't bring in ANYONE of that profile. So we identify a clear need pace and threat from out wide but are only willing to buy one player of that kind.... it makes no sense.
Even on loan too you're telling me we couldn't get a pacey winger that is surplus somewhere that would be a better fit for dyche than danjuma last season?

It's just so weird that we were going after gnonto I know we were trying to pay in small installments but it seemed like we had some money now it's tumbleweeds
They tried to style it out but think Friedkin withdrawing was a big blow when it came to confidence over future cash flow. Be no surprise if some of our already limited budget had been quietly taken away for a rainy day.

I thought at the time they're reports we were looking at a winger, cb and cm? Could of been erroneous but I thought that's what was being stated to the media?

Still think we are mate, but depends on finding one where the teams wiling to be very flexible on terms.

My guess is after Trippier any incoming will be from France or Italy.

They tried to style it out but think Friedkin withdrawing was a big blow when it came to confidence over future cash flow. Be no surprise if some of our already limited budget had been quietly taken away for a rainy day.

Yeah I think Friedkin maybe had already gave certain future assurances about funding until he saw the car crash financially here.

I thought at the time they're reports we were looking at a winger, cb and cm? Could of been erroneous but I thought that's what was being stated to the media?

Can't really remember too much but I seem to think at the time we were after Gnonto, then out of the blue we signed O'Brien, and since then it's been silent on us buying anyone for cash.

Oh I know. I like the signings, but they only become good signings if they play. If McNeil Harrison and Doucoure start 80% of games then they’re bad signings because the manager doesn’t want them for his team.

And then a power struggle emerges. Dyche has said if he doesn’t like a player he won’t play him and then a big decision needs to be made by the club
I'm not saying danjuma was the answer to all of our problems but I think it was less of him not being good enough and more dyche didn't want to play him because he wasn't like mcneil or Harrison

I'm not saying danjuma was the answer to all of out problems but I think it was less of him not being good enough and more dyche didn't want to play him because he wasn't like mcneil or Harrison
That will happen with all managers in one way or another Danjuma wasn't a Dyche type player so he didn't rely on him he wasn't frozen out quite to the level people seem to remember it but he wasn't ever going to be the first name on his teamsheet just like Lampard didn't want Doucoure for example it happens all the time its totally normal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back