Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I’d say I prob could to be fair to me mate! ;)
Sorry I was rude then what I mean is the board can't be complaining to the football side that they tried to save money and it went wrong because the football side are obviously working to the constraints put on them by the board if they did ask that then the answer would be because I told you we needed 6 or 7 new players and you said OK you can have half of whatever you raise through sales to buy them so what did you expect us to do!

And it's not like the scum across the park where we can just throw on 5 academy players and they'll be able hold their own, very deflating
That speaks to the culture here. They have been able to plug in holes with ease because they constantly have academy lads coming into their team and just getting the job done. Unsworth and co. did a poor job of preparing any of those guys and we are still feeling the effects of that period. Those Kenwright years killed our spirit.

Sorry I was rude then what I mean is the board can't be complaining to the football side that they tried to save money and it went wrong because the football side are obviously working to the constraints put on them by the board if they did ask that then the answer would be because I told you we needed 6 or 7 new players and you said OK you can have half of whatever you raise through sales to buy them so what did you expect us to do!

Your grand mate! I enjoy your posts! ;)

I’d accept it’s prob not the case at the moment here mate - as the board is a puppet board.

But absolutely there should be senior management oversight on budget management. There has to be someone holding everyone accountable!

I think it’s a very healthy question to ask, how did we end up with four right backs, costing 200k a week, when we had only one at the start of the window - that’s before you talk about legacy or succession.

We had the second lowest goals in the division last season, but committed to deals for what four defenders since May if Tripper comes in.

None of it makes sense mate and there should be someone in senior management to ensure budgets aren’t wasted and decisions are lean.

That speaks to the culture here. They have been able to plug in holes with ease because they constantly have academy lads coming into their team and just getting the job done. Unsworth and co. did a poor job of preparing any of those guys and we are still feeling the effects of that period. Those Kenwright years killed our spirit.
Yeah but we won premier league 2 once that doesn't make up for the poor academy output? 😂

I can understand why people are reluctant to look at another player the wrong side of 30 but we are so short in both fullback positions (actually short at left back and inexplicably loaded up with geriatrics and/or crocks at right back) that I can see the merits of Trippier on loan. Only on loan mind, not some sort of crazy swap deal with DCL, that wouldn't be sensible.

I can understand why people are reluctant to look at another player the wrong side of 30 but we are so short in both fullback positions (actually short at left back and inexplicably loaded up with geriatrics and/or crocks at right back) that I can see the merits of Trippier on loan. Only on loan mind, not some sort of crazy swap deal with DCL, that wouldn't be sensible.
More for me is that i think that will be the only transfer we make the rest of the window and well is simply not enough, never ending this crap and will catch up with us soon

Last edited:
If we're talking about crazy swap deals with Newcastle I'd give them dcl for callum Wilson, yeah he's always injured but whens he fit he scores frequently

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back