Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I'm going for Bove from Roma on a similar loan to Lindstrom mate.
Be my choice unless Jonny Tex can make us a better offer. So many moving parts though, if we used a loan for RB then we still have CM and a winger to cover, and potentially a CF to replace with a fairly small budget to do so. Playing the loans is going to be tricky.

At this point I would be happy if we just address the CM position before the window shuts.

Iroegbunam
Doucoure
Garner
Gana

I think we can muddle through for a season.

We also have Armstrong coming through so perhaps he's 5th choice.

If we were to bring one in then Chukwuemeka for me and sell Doucoure :)

It's bleak right now but remember how dismal things were last season and without points deductions we would of been 11th or 12th place , it's not looking great but still to early to declare that relegation is inevitable especially with wolves having no funds, Southampton not looking that competitive and leceister looking to get a points deduction

The interesting thing for me is that if we take this to be a 12th placed squad at season end...weve lost 2 players from the 11:

Godfrey RB
Onana CM

Looking at the business objectively:

O'Brien - 3rd choice CB
Begovic - backup GK
Ndiaye - Jury's out
Lindstrom - Jury's out
Iroegbunam - Starting

I think, with the money I'd have preferred we went for Asprilla, Gnonto & Iroegbunam. Three young players with high ceilings that improve our 11.

I appreciate weve padded out the numbers but alot rests on Lindstrom and Ndiaye.

Iroegbunam
Doucoure
Garner
Gana

The interesting thing for me is that if we take this to be a 12th placed squad at season end...weve lost 2 players from the 11:

Godfrey RB
Onana CM

O'Brien - 3rd choice CB
Begovic - backup GK
Ndiaye - Jury's out
Lindstrom - Jury's out
Iroegbunam - Starting

I think, with the money I'd have preferred we went for Asprilla, Gnonto & Iroegbunam. Three young players with high ceilings that improve our 11.

I appreciate weve padded out the numbers but alot rests on Lindstrom and Ndiaye.
Still need that outright speedy winger even though no guarantees dyche will even play him

Iroegbunam
Doucoure
Garner
Gana

Godfrey RB
Onana CM

O'Brien - 3rd choice CB
Begovic - backup GK
Ndiaye - Jury's out
Lindstrom - Jury's out
Iroegbunam - Starting

nothing you say will happen mate.

not one

Be my choice unless Jonny Tex can make us a better offer. So many moving parts though, if we used a loan for RB then we still have CM and a winger to cover, and potentially a CF to replace with a fairly small budget to do so. Playing the loans is going to be tricky.

Of players we've been linked with I'd love to see both Bove and Embimbe come in mate to cover the CM/RM needs.

Both available, neither would be that expensive in reality.

Bove rumoured at around 15m, Embimbe at around 12-15m

Still think we missed a great option not going in for Omeragic as well. Again he'd not cost more than 8-10m euros.

Abraham another whose available for a decent price - circa 20-25m

There's a lot of things we could have done if we'd had even a semi ok amount of funds this summer.

Of players we've been linked with I'd love to see both Bove and Embimbe come in mate to cover the CM/RM needs.

Both available, neither would be that expensive in reality.

Bove rumoured at around 15m, Embimbe at around 12-15m

Still think we missed a great option not going in for Omeragic as well. Again he'd not cost more than 8-10m euros.

Abraham another whose available for a decent price - circa 20-25m

There's a lot of things we could have done if we'd had even a semi ok amount of funds this summer.
You think we have a chance with bove just looks like nothing in it

Still need that outright speedy winger even though no guarantees dyche will even play him
I dont understand how we have been after one for 3 years and made solid bids but now being told we are done for signings - where is the Gnonto money? If it went on obrien then is just shows how utterly random our transfer policy is. It is clear Dych/the Thel want pace so we sign Ndiaye and jesp and will play both out of position

Bonkers

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back