Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I have no idea what to make of that Trippier one. Past his best but for one season undoubtedly our best right back. Big reservation is over the use of the domestic loan when there are potentially several midfield / attack options available from Chelsea.
Chelsea players are all on a major wedge
Chelsea want the players and the wages off the books
Their first team wage bill has to be north of 5 million a week
We can’t afford the Chelsea players we want

A week ago, most would have you believe Everton have had a good transfer window :lol:

It started well. We did good business and are c. 25-30m in profit. Which is the real issue - if Kev had got that profit to spend we could be looking at an excellent window, but the money disappeared and the business stopped.

You simply can't expect to significantly improve the squad AND turn a substantial profit to fund the rest of the business, not window after window.

I do think Tim, O'Brien, Ndiaye and Lindstrom for Onana, Godfrey, Danjuma and Dobbin should overall improve us, and make a profit, and we don't know what the next week brings. But it's simply impossible to make a giant leap without at the very least spending that profit.

No the whole point of what i'm saying is they don't want to spend any money why they would go out and spend crap tons! They are trying to stay in the league with the smallest possible outlay thats the point what you're suggesting makes absolutely no sense.

Because we have no money maybe?

Do you seriously think an owner looking to sell whose gonna already be taking a 400m plus hit on what he's stuck in is gonna dip into his pocket any more?

Even with the payment for last seasons finish and this seasons first TV payment and the rest coming in, its pretty much accepted the club will run out of money before December, meaning if we don't have a new owner by then we are having to try funding again on the fly.

What money do you want us to be spending given the actual situation mate? Doing something on the cheap entails you are trying to save spending money you have, we don't have any to save 😂

And exactly how is that the DoFs responsibility

Dont think he was fully fit think for a season is a good move for us and will his quality from set pieces crosses would help us massively. And can cover lb if we needed him to ofc would have liked us to get more long term cover but is much better than what we have.

Would like to think the club will be looking to makes moves in that area just think priced out of chelsea players because the money most of the players on
Tarks , Branthwaite , DCL O Brien on the end of his crosses and corners

It started well. We did good business and are c. 25-30m in profit. Which is the real issue - if Kev had got that profit to spend we could be looking at an excellent window, but the money disappeared and the business stopped.

You simply can't expect to significantly improve the squad AND turn a substantial profit to fund the rest of the business, not window after window.

I do think Tim, O'Brien, Ndiaye and Lindstrom for Onana, Godfrey, Danjuma and Dobbin should overall improve us, and make a profit, and we don't know what the next week brings. But it's simply impossible to make a giant leap without at the very least spending that profit.

My guess is that 25m is gonna be used mostly or at least in part to fund the loan payments going out until January after the money runs out in December.

To buy now we will have to offload some players

At least if we sign Trippier, Dyche might give him a game. He's well over 30 and has lots of Premier league experience. Ticks all the boxes. Far more practical than an exciting, young attacking player who wouldn't be allowed to play for months.

Because we have no money maybe?

Do you seriously think an owner looking to sell whose gonna already be taking a 400m plus hit on what he's stuck in is gonna dip into his pocket any more?

Even with the payment for last seasons finish and this seasons first TV payment and the rest coming in, its pretty much accepted the club will run out of money before December, meaning if we don't have a new owner by then we are having to try funding again on the fly.

What money do you want us to be spending given the actual situation mate? Doing something on the cheap entails you are trying to save spending money you have, we don't have any to save 😂

And exactly how is that the DoFs responsibility
What are you talking about? Thats my whole point! I don't know how but you've confused yourself something rotten here all i've been saying is that theres no money to spend and now you're explaining that back to me as if i've said the opposite. Who said it was DoFs responsibility? You've totally misunderstood the whole point of about 5 posts mate.

Chelsea players are all on a major wedge
Chelsea want the players and the wages off the books
Their first team wage bill has to be north of 5 million a week
We can’t afford the Chelsea players we want
But like I said to someone else earlier, Chelsea see those players as investments and even though they won't play them themselves they need them playing to maintain their value. So in the last week they will likely have to make all sorts of compromises to get their players out and playing. The whole business model falls apart if their investments twiddle their thumbs for a season.

I just cannot get over the fact that the combined wages of Young, Coleman and Trippier could cover the down-payment/wages of a talented young player. One of them, fine. To end up with all 3 in the squad would be beyond abysmal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back