Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

He wants it tough, cause he and everyone knows, that he wont be anything near this job if circumstances were normal and optismistic.

I think we’ve been in this predicament for long enough to say that these are normal circumstances. We’ve steadily declined since the end of Martinez’s 1st season while a top 4 has become pretty much a top 8 that we’re miles from. Even outside of that top 8 you’ve got West Ham (to be fair who knows what way they’ll go after Moyes) and Brighton. I think if you look at the mish mashed nature of our squad, the age and performance levels of some of our top earners and the difficulty that brings at moving them on, the off field issues like ownership and lack of cash flow this has been a slow and painful decline that’s dragged out for over 10 years. Even pre Martinez’s first season we weren’t exactly looking like we were close to breaking into that top tier with any sort of consistency. We did it once and our lack of quality was quickly highlighted by Villarreal and Bucharest.

But like I said to someone else earlier, Chelsea see those players as investments and even though they won't play them themselves they need them playing to maintain their value. So in the last week they will likely have to make all sorts of compromises to get their players out and playing. The whole business model falls apart if their investments twiddle their thumbs for a season.
But no one will pay the wages
So Chelsea are still left with a massive wage Bill and PSR worries esp if they don’t do well in Europe

Looks like beasting the squad and 2 gaffers days have taken it's toll on the players. It's unacceptable at this stage too have so many injuries, when Tarks is getting injured something in training is wrong.

Begivic and possibly Trippier.

What a time to be a blue :cheers:

#goodtimes
Mate if it takes this club more than 48 hours to wrap up a veteran free transfer then dont expect any other new signing to be unveiled by Wednesday next week at the earliest. Regarding Trippier i doubt anything to happen till after the weekend he will be on the bench for them on Sunday i guess

its 80 mil not 50 mil and it can be spread out, can easily bring in 10 good players with that these days - see how Chelsea operate
Chelsea pay a fair percentage of the fee up front
The whole idea of the 7/8 year contract was that they could amortise the fee over the full term if the contract
So a 50 m player costs you 6/7 million a year plus wages
Change of rules meant a 5 year amortisation period max
That player now costs 10 m a year plus wages

conspiracy theory

your theory is a billionaire owner has bought a football club and has stopped funding it

what next, he buys a car and lets it run out of petrol?

he eats the food in his fridge and then stops buying food?

ridiculous
He is selling the club so why put money into it
Would you do a full service , put new tyres on and fill a car with petrol if you were selling it the same day

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back