Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The worst thing for me, is the early purchases that we spent what money we had on, arent even in dyches plans, as we have to get them up to 'premiership level'. 16 million on o'brien and he still plays keane in front of him.
Ndiaye who came on second half against roma and ran the show, it seems is not ready to give dacoure a run for his money at no.10.
Honestly, whats the feckin point

The worst thing for me, is the early purchases that we spent what money we had on, arent even in dyches plans, as we have to get them up to 'premiership level'. 16 million on o'brien and he still plays keane in front of him.
Ndiaye who came on second half against roma and ran the show, it seems is not ready to give dacoure a run for his money at no.10.
Maybe a disagreement on purchases between Dyche and Thelwell. Just guessing like

No thanks. However, I could definitely see a DCL for Wilson and Trippier swap deal. We are that stupid.
Id be well up for that. A new starting right back who can cross and a new striker to replace a striker who doesn't want to be here in the final year of his contract, and keeps a loan slot free.

Do people really think this would be a bad idea?

Players were knackered by Christmas hence the near 4 month winless run, much of the way we play involves a lot of wasted running from players, its not what would be seen as being an efficient system in terms of energy usage and how players are physically used and positioned within it. Something has clearly gone wrong this pre season as we have 7 injured and also Young out (suspended) so 8 in total, only Brighton have more out than us. I just wonder we did an awful lot of fitness based work in pre season then right at the end Dyche said he was switching it up to more tactical stuff whereas I remember listening to the Spurs guy and he was talking everyday in preseason isn't just about fitness, its about ideas and plans and how you want to play in the coming season ie mixing it up, others said similar. I wonder did we go a bit fitness heavy which is very much Dyche's thing.

I think Dyche plans it to peak in November/December. We saw last season you can stay up if you hit a real purple patch in this period given how many games there are.

He had seasons at Burnley where they had poor starts and then peaked in the winter to get well away from the bottom 3.

I'm a bit concerned by his comments though about hardly any more signings. Of course all concentration is on the RB area (which shows the hilarious squad building given there's already three contracted players in that position) but I'm a bit concerned if no more CMs come in.

Last season the regular options were Gana, Onana, Garner, Doucs and Gomes also featured regularly from December onwards.

Two have left and only Tim in his first proper season has replaced the departures. Gana is mid 30s and will pick up knocks as the season goes on and it's also looking likely that Doucoure won't be as effective most weeks as he has been under Dyche given his end of last season wasn't great.

To leave such a key area understocked is a concern for me and playing Ndiaye and Lindstrom won't really solve things as they're more attacking midfielders.

West ham have like 7 midfielders currently they definitely need to make sales or loan some players before bringing in another center midfielder

Ward Prowse would be a perfect player for this system. Wonderful set pieces and presses like anything. Was only a sub in the first game so you feel they'd let him go but no idea if he's a realistic option for a loan.

Id be well up for that. A new starting right back who can cross and a new striker to replace a striker who doesn't want to be here in the final year of his contract, and keeps a loan slot free.

Do people really think this would be a bad idea?
A perma crocked striker and an ageing fullback both on very big wages who would want multi-year contracts? Yeah, it's a bad idea.

DCL going is probably the right thing at this point but he needs replacing with a reliable and cost-effective striker.

It's on Dyche not playing those two from the off. The idea they need bedding in when one just played an entire season in France and one has played Championship and France, when we are playing Keane and Doucoure instead, is Dyche being the negative cautious manager he is.

A perma crocked striker and an ageing fullback both on very big wages who would want multi-year contracts? Yeah, it's a bad idea.

DCL going is probably the right thing at this point but he needs replacing with a reliable and cost-effective striker.
Weghorst or Wood then cannot wait for the hoofs

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back