Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Not on Dyche. DoF does the deals. Get off the Dyche hate train.

And appease my curiosity but who are these right backs ?
Ah yes the DOF re-signing Ashley Young and the potential signing of Trippier, both clearly aren’t Kevs work.

They are the work of a man who has no clue what he’s doing. An ignorant dinosaur. A man with as much tactical nouse as a chimpanzee. Step forward Mr Dyche..

Ah yes the DOF re-signing Ashley Young and the potential signing of Trippier, both clearly aren’t Kevs work.

They are the work of a man who has no clue what he’s doing. An ignorant dinosaur. A man with as much tactical nouse as a chimpanzee. Step forward Mr Dyche..
Well let's meet half way. Most DoF find players a manager/coach can utilise in their system. I assume that Dyche will have a say at some point but DoF likely does the heavy lifting

So Kev has found Ashley Young and Kieran Trippier, who both ironically have pre existing relationships with Dumby Dyche? GTF…
Dumby. How mature.

I dunno, my perception is that it's DoF. Dyche previous relationship with them both smooths the process. Who knows. I'm being pragmatic and acknowledging the DoF role and it's nuances from a modern manager vs the traditional manager.

DCL managed to get fit.

Dyche is not going to give kids minutes, that's not the way he operates, and realistically not many of our 'kids' are anywhere near ready for the PL.

We have those players but we are thin at both CM and RW/LW. Lindstrom has been operating out wide for us so is likely to play there and due to our lack of options at CM it's likely Doucoure will be used as cover there too.

That's the reality of our squad, club and manager currently.
He never gets fit. This is the reality.

Well, can we agree that it was on both, but surely Dyche wanted to keep him.

How is 90 games in the french top and German division inferior to 20 in the premier league, a season in the champions League way outweighs a few token friendly international caps to nation tie him also.

Wow I uses a m in his name in the wrong place, grow up or I'll start spell checking your posts lad, and it won't be pretty

Leys just be honest Zat, one is 20 the other one is 23 and you are obsessed with young boys.

You wrote he has played at a "higher level" than Gnonto.

The Premier League and full Italian international caps obliterate the French and German leagues -- especially when we (the club looking at the players) are in the premier league.

There is far more risk signing someone with zero premier league experience than one with premier league (and even championship) experience.

I think this is obvious -- hence why I wondered if you were talking about a different player. You also got the age gap at 1 year rather than the 3 years difference. Hence it seemed you may have been talking about someone different.

"You are obsessed with young boys"...

...Tarkowski and Trippier are "young boys" are they? Interesting.

I like quality players who can improve the team and a utility player at 23 with seemingly no standout quality...looks less enticing than a rapid 20 year old italian international with experience dwarfing the Frenchie.

Not sure why you would find logic offensive.

He wants it tough, cause he and everyone knows, that he wont be anything near this job if circumstances were normal and optismistic.

It does seem like he relishes and thrives on being the underdog and, as you say if we were doing well he wouldnt be our manager.

Cant believe we didnt push out certain players based on the strong media links

He never gets fit. This is the reality.

Sure. I think it's quite clear that last season was not a purely physical fitness problem.

His injury record isn't that bad aside from the issues of last season, certainly not in comparison to our own DCL, who as pointed out, Dyche has managed to improve fitness wise.

As much as I really sympathise with his mental health issues I've had them myself. I really doubt Alli will ever do anything at the top level of football again, I hope he proves me wrong but the last three years says different.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back