Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Every other bottom half club signing exciting players who are improving their squads…

Our deadline week double - Begovic and Dele Alli 🤣

You have to laugh or they would drive you insane, this club.
While it's not the news any of us would be hoping for, let us be realistic that it only further highlights the perilous financial position we're in.

We may want to improve the squad with transfers, however it appears clear that the finances (and the lingering ownership situation) won't allow it.

Many within the club expected (and worse, hoped) that the ownership saga would have been completed by now, or at least close to being resolved to allow planning.

Right now, we're stuck in a vicious limbo.

Most confusing signing in awhile. Just don't get it. Somebody help?
I said somewhere else, he's doing his UEFA A licence and being here will allow him to do it within a coaching role for a club, with a backup player option too.

He has a coaching business here, too.

While it's not the news any of us would be hoping for, let us be realistic that it only further highlights the perilous financial position we're in.

We may want to improve the squad with transfers, however it appears clear that the finances (and the lingering ownership situation) won't allow it.

Many within the club expected (and worse, hoped) that the ownership saga would have been completed by now, or at least close to being resolved to allow planning.

Right now, we're stuck in a vicious limbo.

I said somewhere else, he's doing his UEFA A licence and being here will allow him to do it within a coaching role, with a backup too.

He has a coaching business here, too.
I agree with you about the state the club is in.
But that is no basis for signing Begovic , Alli & Trippier , it just makes it worse.

I agree with you about the state the club is in.
But that is no basis for signing Begovic , Alli & Trippier , it just makes it worse.
Begovic for me is different, and while it doesn't look good at the moment (due to our squad) it's a fairly typical situation for goalkeepers near the end of their career.

He's coming in on low wages, he'll do his badges acting as a coach in the meantime (remember, our Head of GK has just left) and act as cover.

The other two, well yes...

You wrote he has played at a "higher level" than Gnonto.

The Premier League and full Italian international caps obliterate the French and German leagues -- especially when we (the club looking at the players) are in the premier league.

There is far more risk signing someone with zero premier league experience than one with premier league (and even championship) experience.

I think this is obvious -- hence why I wondered if you were talking about a different player. You also got the age gap at 1 year rather than the 3 years difference. Hence it seemed you may have been talking about someone different.

"You are obsessed with young boys"...

...Tarkowski and Trippier are "young boys" are they? Interesting.

I like quality players who can improve the team and a utility player at 23 with seemingly no standout quality...looks less enticing than a rapid 20 year old italian international with experience dwarfing the Frenchie.

Not sure why you would find logic offensive.

It does seem like he relishes and thrives on being the underdog and, as you say if we were doing well he wouldnt be our manager.

Cant believe we didnt push out certain players based on the strong media links
Moise was a full Italian international. There is no foolproof formula to this lark.

Nah really, not I mean he is 10k or so a week. That's not a lot, but we have 2 back ups...

The question is who could we get for our more issued positions.

Jack Cook???
Who ? This dude?
1000011824.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back