Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Try and flog Virginia, give the kid a chance at a career elsewhere
Yeah might be a couple of million in Virginia, his performances last season when called upon were good. Perfectly good keeper for Championship or another mid-tier league.

Out of contract next summer and he’d be mad to sign another with an established number one unlikely to go anywhere, needs to get his own career going. Better to accept a half decent offer for him and let him get cracking.

Signing an experienced keeper on a free, makes sense. We can send one of the younger keepers out on loan now, so they can develop. But as said above, there will likely be 2 keepers on the bench tomorrow now. I'd sooner have the kids on the bench for experience. Obviously, they aren't going to get on the pitch, but niether would 3 keepers in one match. But knowing our luck, it would happen.

Yeah might be a couple of million in Virginia, his performances last season when called upon were good. Perfectly good keeper for Championship or another mid-tier league.

Out of contract next summer and he’d be mad to sign another with an established number one unlikely to go anywhere, needs to get his own career going. Better to accept a half decent offer for him and let him get cracking.

When i saw the Begovic deal my immediate thought was we're selling Virginia.

I don't believe that we are really stupid enough to sign Dele again. We would have already done so, if we were going to. We agreed that he can train with us ahead of the transfer deadline, but then he will be expected to leave. Obviously his agent is going to try and drum up interest in the next week or so.

As if there's a contract 'ready and waiting', and yet neither side has signed it. No contract is 'on the table' imo.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back