Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The back 8 more like...

Really, so watching and seeing where a player is positioned and (correctly) stating that hes out of position is an "obsession" ?

I'd call it talking football

On his debut Villa played a box midfield. He was deep next to Tielemans.

We have never played a box midfield since Onana joined. We have also never sat him deep with another midfielder.

So, my point was that we dont use a 6....just two central midfielders with them being used incorrectly e.g typically last two seasons Gana deeper than Onana and wandering out of position chasing the ball.

No issue with having 2 CMs as long as we have the players to fit the system which seem to be Garner and Iroegbunam.

Armstrong seems to be a future 6 ?
He only plays there for Belgium though Zat. Emery is one of the most tactically astute coaches in football and he is playing Onana in a 2 atm. Don't forget it's also how you play that 2, we just bypassed them most of the time.

Ultimately you have to hope that Dixon matures this season and is given now a genuine run in the side. Get Patterson fit and bin off young and Coleman.

At least it would fix one side of fullback in terms of pace.

Mykolenko id like to see with anyone other than McNeil in front of him for at least 5-6 games, see if he actually can provide something on the left besides essentially playing like a third CB in tens if what he's asked to do.

I have no idea if Dixon would be good enough to start consistently but if we had signed Minteh or Gnonto there would at least be 2 young rapid players down the right hand side.

I got pure pelters for saying O'Brien wasn't the right signing at the time and now look at ya. Muggles.

For the £17mil fee if he is a 7/10 player for us then his value would easily double. At the time, thinking we were in talks for Gnonto in tandem it was clearly a positive move.

Now it appears it wasnt the case.

What we need and what the manager would use are entirely separate things though. We needed a centre half with Branthwaites recovery timeline unclear, we got one and he's still picking Keane. We could've signed 11 new players this summer and there's no doubt in my mind that the Brighton team would've still been the same

Im just bewildered why we have started Keane and played Holgate/Young rather than O'Brien / Dixon.

Need the manager to learn.

That's Dyche having his favourites not picking his best players or those on form. Cutting his nose off to spite his face. The idea we are currently solid isn't born out by the facts of seven conceded none scored so far, so clearly the team isn't functioning.

I can't see Harrison or McNeill being dropped anytime soon.

How long does Doucoure stay in this team giving that standard of performances? Comical if Dyche keeps him in because of what he was doing in November/December 2023.

That's the position where you get Ndiaye or Lindstrom in and it needs to happen very soon.

I can't see Harrison or McNeill being dropped anytime soon.

How long does Doucoure stay in this team giving that standard of performances? Comical if Dyche keeps him in because of what he was doing in November/December 2023.

That's the position where you get Ndiaye or Lindstrom in and it needs to happen very soon.
He's so stubborn same last season, we had to struggle in five games before Branthwaite came in. Hoping a few stake a claim Tuesday something needs to change because if they don't results won't.

He's so stubborn same last season, we had to struggle in five games before Branthwaite came in. Hoping a few stake a claim Tuesday something needs to change because if they don't results won't.

Problem is to me he just sees Harrison and McNeill as secondary full backs so given Bournemouth are next up in the league and they have plenty of pace in final third and then after the break it's Villa with Bailey, Watkins etc I can't see him changing the wide options.

Doucoure is the most expendable player currently in final third with what he's producing. If he's not scoring or getting on the end of chances he's not going to be producing much else that the two new guys couldn't just getting onto the pitch.

Branthwaite was in for Wolves at home so it was the third league game when he mixed the team up (Dobbin also started).

Personally starting to think Obrien was made to get Textor to cover our loans for a bit until the next exclusivity deal with a prospective owner.

Can anyone explain why we voted again to keep these PSR rules which mean we have to sell and clubs like Chelsea have 592 players.

How is it in our interests to keep these rules? Why did we vote for them?

Because it encourages clubs to look after themselves financially. The PSR limit needs to change though, since £105m in today's game is nothing compared to £105m when it was first introduced.

Can anyone explain why we voted again to keep these PSR rules which mean we have to sell and clubs like Chelsea have 592 players.

How is it in our interests to keep these rules? Why did we vote for them?

My guess is we are bricking ourselves about doing anything that annoys the league heads whatsoever

Problem is to me he just sees Harrison and McNeill as secondary full backs so given Bournemouth are next up in the league and they have plenty of pace in final third and then after the break it's Villa with Bailey, Watkins etc I can't see him changing the wide options.

Doucoure is the most expendable player currently in final third with what he's producing. If he's not scoring or getting on the end of chances he's not going to be producing much else that the two new guys couldn't just getting onto the pitch.

Branthwaite was in for Wolves at home so it was the third league game when he mixed the team up (Dobbin also started).
True , Dyche always thinks defence first issue is doesnt matter currently we are still conceding for fun. Flip side they are offering zero going forward I would take just ndiaye coming in for now we need to beat Bournemouth

Because it encourages clubs to look after themselves financially. The PSR limit needs to change though, since £105m in today's game is nothing compared to £105m when it was first introduced.
Yes that’s why the rules were brought in, ostensibly. But why have we, as a club who have been punished more than anyone by them, voted for them to stay?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back