Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Ok, let’s say Liverpool put £65m up for Branthwaite. That means we have about £50m to spend with maybe 48-72 hours of the window left.

We’d have to move very quickly to spend that money well. The other challenge we have is that if the likes of Smith-Rowe, Anderson, Dewsbury-Hall, Carvalho, Gray and Summerville are going for £30-£40m then even that £50m won’t go very far.

It won’t happen. It would be absurd if it did.

I don't think Branthwaite gets sold, but even if he did and say for the £65m you quote, all what happens is whoever we then try and sign their clubs will try and shaft us.

The last thing we need is a '6'.

Onana is a 6 and he was used almost exclusively in a weird CM role.

We've not used a real 6 in a long, long time.

You are weirdly obsessed with this, but did you watch Villa? Onana played in a midfield 2 alongside Tielemans - much the same as he played alongside Gana.
He looked decent, made some good runs forward and obviously had better players around him.
His position was the same though.

You are weirdly obsessed with this, but did you watch Villa? Onana played in a midfield 2 alongside Tielemans - much the same as he played alongside Gana.
He looked decent, made some good runs forward and obviously had better players around him.
His position was the same though.
Tielemans did more work than him just like Gana and Garner did more alongside him.

The O'Brien signing in hindsight is weird - noting to do with Jake, but ffs how clear is it we needed something in creativity and attack.

I mean - we have just shipped 7 goals in 180 minutes - nobody wants to see Holgate or Keane on the pitch and Branthwaite is injured.

Thelwell may be limited but we needed a CB - he also got NDiaye and Lindstrom through the door who I assume are there to create and attack.

I'm also going to assume Harrison is in because he's financially viable in the short-term - and we couldn't afford downpayments for Gnonto or whoever.

Dyche has made the transfer business look worse than it is. If O'Brien had been played instead of Keane in the first 2 games it wouldn't look like we'd wasted a huge chunk of our limited budget.
A front 4 of;
Lindstrom----Ndiaye----Harrison
---------------DCL (or Beto)------

would offer far more threat and guile. A right footed player on the right wing, a left footed player on the left wing, and a number 10 who wants to get on the ball and make things happen. Far more pace and threat. I think that's what most of us thought our starting 11 would look like. Dyche has sucked all attacking threat out of the side.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back