Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

There is a lad at Lyon (One of Textors other clubs) called Rayan Cherki, he is quality, Fulham had a bid accepted for just £12m... Exactly the type of player we should be in for at that price, he would be an asset.
Palace were looking at him.a few weeks ago.
He knocked Fulham back and has PSG bidding for him as well.
Supposed to have a bad character as well, hence Lyon wanting Rid .

Last edited:
We will sign a few players this week I think.

Dyche saying about no money, he might be right or he might not be giving away our hand.

I can see Maupey, DCL, Holgate and maybe a few under 21's loaned out.

Selling Branthwaite isn't happening because him playing for us makes us better so forget all the Sky Odds or Kopites Gimps.

We need to stop being so knee jerk every bad result. We win next week v Bournemouth and we have the same amount of points as Man United.

It's 2 games into the season. We have to wake up to the truth that we aren't a huge club anymore and we have to compete with other "smaller" clubs who haven't spunked £500m on utter unflushable turds of footballers and wages.

Two loan slots left and we need a midfielder for me as much as he looks a good signing Tim will be in and out and currently with Garner injured we have no cover. We also need explosive pace on the wing but we have all been saying that for weeks, months, years.

Sell Jarrad for upwards of £70M and buy a full new team of players not getting in their first 11 elsewhere.
The outcome will be ultimately the same - either rlegation or scrape through by the edge of our teeth.
The upside is we won't need to watch the current bunch of players week-in, week-out.
Change is as good as a rest.

Jarrad will be sold as we can't have nice things.

Dyche using the sale of onana as an excuse. You sold him, you invested the money in other places, you!

Plus you hardly played him.
Truth is he could not invest Onana.money
O Brien came Godfrey was sold
Tim came Dobbin went
So basically only Ndiaye was bought for what we got for Onana
So bottom line we only spend half of Onana money

Sell Jarrad for upwards of £70M and buy a full new team of players not getting in their first 11 elsewhere.
The outcome will be ultimately the same - either rlegation or scrape through by the edge of our teeth.
The upside is we won't need to watch the current bunch of players week-in, week-out.
Change is as good as a rest.

Jarrad will be sold as we can't have nice things.
Too late also have you seen the defence without him?

The O'Brien signing in hindsight is weird - noting to do with Jake, but ffs how clear is it we needed something in creativity and attack.

Exactly.

1. Why sign O'Brien then when its obvious we needed more attacking players
2. Don't we still have 2 loan spots available?
3. The big one, if there are no funds the Dof needs to raise some. Any half decent Dof working to a plan (let's not even go there atm folks) has to make long term decisions for the good of the club, it may just be we need to move Branthwaite or DCL so that it allows us to bring in the 2/3 players we actually need long term. Long term thinking is Thelwells job after all.

There are numerous connotations tbh but the O'Brien thing is starting to look a bit weird, I thought we should have loaned a CB and used the money on an attacker myself.

The O'Brien signing in hindsight is weird - noting to do with Jake, but ffs how clear is it we needed something in creativity and attack.

O'brien was available for low down payments though. But yes, and what's baffling is why we went for Gnonto couldn't afford him and didn't look for a cheaper alternative with pace.

O'brien was available for low down payments though. But yes, and what's baffling is why we went for Gnonto couldn't afford him and didn't look for a cheaper alternative with pace.

We dont really know, but have to assume that i guess mate.

Still say it was a bad decision, seen some very good wingers who could have come and impacted go for whatever very little cash was on the table.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back