Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Would you guys take Anthony Martial on a free? Injury prone, but clinical finisher. Massive risk but if he could stay fit for even 75% of the season he could still do a job. Still only 28yo as well. Depay on a free too. Both would prob look for ridiculous wages though.

Would you guys take Anthony Martial on a free? Injury prone, but clinical finisher. Massive risk but if he could stay fit for even 75% of the season he could still do a job. Still only 28yo as well. Depay on a free too. Both would prob look for ridiculous wages though.
Honestly could be something we look at when the window closes i dont kno what we could offer wages

Honestly could be something we look at when the window closes i dont kno what we could offer wages
The issue would be, he excels in quick one touch football, everything being played to feet. Not sure how he’d adapt to Dyche-Ball. I dunno, was just thinking he might not be a bad option on a free as long as the wages were decent or largely weighted towards appearance fees.

Who in their right minds would sign for us? I’ll tell you what’s likely right now, Branthwaite will go to Utd, however don’t rule out a move across the park, we will get Chris Wood as a replacement for DCL who will definitely leave, possibly to europe, any money left over will go towards paying the wages/ running costs. Also forget about Textor, that had collapsed due to him taking a controlling interest in Palace, they have their own financial worries btw
You chat more wham than me on here. Fair play you whopper

We need a midfielder who can play 6. We have Tim who is more of a 8 and Gana who likes to press himself. Garner is injured and Doucoure is on the decline. That and some pace on the wing.

I seem to run against much of the sentiment on this, but I think the O’Brien signing was good business. Godfrey was gone, Holgate is awful and Keane not much better. Plus we needed protection against a Branthwaite departure and injuries. He should have started today over Keane. Did well for Lyon plus 4 goals in 27. The problem is Dyche not playing him. A problem is signing too many #10s and no winger with pace.

I seem to run against much of the sentiment on this, but I think the O’Brien signing was good business. Godfrey was gone, Holgate is awful and Keane not much better. Plus we needed protection against a Branthwaite departure and injuries. He should have started today over Keane. Did well for Lyon plus 4 goals in 27. The problem is Dyche not playing him. A problem is signing too many #10s and no winger with pace.

No dispute here mate, it's on the manager entirely

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back