Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Who in their right minds would sign for us? I’ll tell you what’s likely right now, Branthwaite will go to Utd, however don’t rule out a move across the park, we will get Chris Wood as a replacement for DCL who will definitely leave, possibly to europe, any money left over will go towards paying the wages/ running costs. Also forget about Textor, that had collapsed due to him taking a controlling interest in Palace, they have their own financial worries btw
Textor hasn’t collapsed yet

Branthwaite won’t go to United, they had their chance and tried to repeatedly short change us, he won’t go to the RS either

You say who in their right minds would sign? Anybody would given the chance to play in the Prem

Moshiri had no money once usmanov was out of the equation...well the money he has left is for him to spend, not on Everton. The gordon money, iwobi, Gray, all went to service our incredible debt at a stupid interest rate with people making millions on the back of everton...moshiri has to be forced out one way or the other very soon.

100%. When you are selling assets to service debt you are in big trouble. We are not flush with high value player assets as it is and at some stage there is going to be no one left worth selling. We are scraping by and if what Dyche said is correct regards players in then it's looking increasingly likely we could pay the price because this team is declining year on year.

Who in their right minds would sign for us? I’ll tell you what’s likely right now, Branthwaite will go to Utd, however don’t rule out a move across the park, we will get Chris Wood as a replacement for DCL who will definitely leave, possibly to europe, any money left over will go towards paying the wages/ running costs. Also forget about Textor, that had collapsed due to him taking a controlling interest in Palace, they have their own financial worries btw

I’d happily take Chris Wood but he’s starting games for Forest.

From a PR point of view, I expect we’d get 1-2 deals in place and perhaps at the point of medicals before any news breaks about offers being accepted for Branthwaite.

If it looks like, in the next few days, we start bidding £20m-£30m for a couple of players then i’ll start getting worried…..because it will almost certainly mean Jarrad is going somewhere.

Branthwaite going to Liverpool would be horrible. It would soften the blow if we had medicals going on for a £30m striker and a pacey £30m winger. I remember Spurs did something similar before Bale went to Madrid, they got their house in order, first, then sanctioned the sale.

Incredibly unlikely to happen.

You simply can't sell Branthwaite this late in the window. I'm not too worried, he's here for one more season imo.

50/50 on DCL due to his contract running down but again a decent replacement needs to come in and not sure who's a viable candidate for that position currently.

No one can genuinely say with any confidence the team would look better with Beto starting 30 times this season.

I still think the team is light in CM so worrying to me as the season goes on and more injuries/suspensions happening you'll be getting a crisis there like at RB currently.

Garner out so all you really have is Gana and Tim for the pivot. Tim is still learning and will have his ups and downs, Gana in mid 30s will inevitably miss games with knocks (and he's started the season cheaply given the ball away). Given Doucoure is barely worth a place in the team currently in his most effective position I don't think he's going to be doing much far deeper.

Bar the brief link to Kalvin Phillips no one else seems to be in contention for that spot.

It's a big week for the club and knock on is muted atmosphere for Bournemouth if they're more outs than ins in the next six days.

Need 2 attacking players. Anything less isn't good enough.

And I dont accept their lack of money argument when they've completely wasted the limited funds we have. None of the players they've spent decent money on even make the side.

I'm not having the excuses. Their recruitment is consistently rubbish and they don't seem.to recognise the priorities.

And I dont accept their lack of money argument when they've completely wasted the limited funds we have. None of the players they've spent decent money on even make the side.

I'm not having the excuses. Their recruitment is consistently rubbish and they don't seem.to recognise the priorities.

We’ve got no money mate

Forest aren't selling Wood to a relegation rival, his goals to game ratio is excellent for them in last 18 months.

I think Ndiaye and Lindstrom are potentially decent signings. Both reasonably experienced players in decent leagues and just need to go somewhere to start every week.

Trouble is they've both been signed in areas where Dyche has his favourites. McNeill would likely need to be dropped to get Ndiaye in and with the issues at fullback and poor start I don't see that happening.

More chance as support striker as Doucoure is playing himself out of the team with his performances. If he's still starting in the weeks ahead it's based more on what he was doing six months ago which shouldn't be acceptable so there's a chance for one of the new signings there if they remain patient.

You do know winding up the good folk of Grand Old Team will get you a ban don't you ?

Agree we need attackers not sure on wasted the budget, when we have a manager picking the team whose judgement is seriously suspect

Most of this is untrue.

Textor hasn't got a controlling interest in Palace, and Brainthwaite is injured. United have wasted money on 2 CBs already.

I think Ndiaye and Lindstrom are potentially decent signings. Both reasonably experienced players in decent leagues and just need to go somewhere to start every week.

Trouble is they've both been signed in areas where Dyche has his favourites. McNeill would likely need to be dropped to get Ndiaye in and with the issues at fullback and poor start I don't see that happening.

More chance as support striker as Doucoure is playing himself out of the team with his performances. If he's still starting in the weeks ahead it's based more on what he was doing six months ago which shouldn't be acceptable so there's a chance for one of the new signings there if they remain patient.
That's Dyche having his favourites not picking his best players or those on form. Cutting his nose off to spite his face. The idea we are currently solid isn't born out by the facts of seven conceded none scored so far, so clearly the team isn't functioning.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back