Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Dyche has admitted to the BBC that we have no money to spend.
It seems that the best we can hope for is that there is at least enough money to allow us to use our last 2 remaining loan spots. What a ridiculous situation to be left in. Mismanagement on a catastrophic scale. Well done Mosh and
Bill !.

Moshiri is a pox.

He’s still getting away with murder here.

He wants out, the relationship between Dyche and the majority of first team players is broken beyond repair, the new signings can’t believe what they have walked into, it is a broken football club

I can believe this.

Not sure on JB but the players look stale and bored.

I suspect it will have began when he belted Patterson who is very popular.

Disgusting the state of our finances considering what we have shifted the last 2 years.

Still wondering how Mosh got off with selling Gordon for 40m and we didn't see a penny reinvested in the squad. Bill has been a meme for a decade for the Arteta money.
Moshiri had no money once usmanov was out of the equation...well the money he has left is for him to spend, not on Everton. The gordon money, iwobi, Gray, all went to service our incredible debt at a stupid interest rate with people making millions on the back of everton...moshiri has to be forced out one way or the other very soon.

The only takers for Branthwaite, in the next few days, would be Liverpool.

No other club with that sort of money is in the market for a CB.

For that reason, I don’t expect he goes anywhere.
But honestly, if only one team meets the asking price, and we need the money to plug the many holes in the squad.... I don't know if we get to be picky about who the buying club are.

Imperative that DCL is sold...

No more stupid one year deals. For the likes of

Doucs
Young
Coleman (as much as I love him)

We are in dire shape. I dread to think what happens at Goodison if we get beat next week.
Only problem with dcl being sold at this stage is that the money will disappear again, with perhaps a loan move to replace him if the right player is available

But honestly, if only one team meets the asking price, and we need the money to plug the many holes in the squad.... I don't know if we get to be picky about who the buying club are.

Ok, let’s say Liverpool put £65m up for Branthwaite. That means we have about £50m to spend with maybe 48-72 hours of the window left.

We’d have to move very quickly to spend that money well. The other challenge we have is that if the likes of Smith-Rowe, Anderson, Dewsbury-Hall, Carvalho, Gray and Summerville are going for £30-£40m then even that £50m won’t go very far.

It won’t happen. It would be absurd if it did.

Dyche has admitted to the BBC that we have no money to spend.
It seems that the best we can hope for is that there is at least enough money to allow us to use our last 2 remaining loan spots. What a ridiculous situation to be left in. Mismanagement on a catastrophic scale. Well done Mosh and
Bill !.
And the tiny transfer pot we did was significantly used up on a centre back that the manager doesn’t want to use. We’ve pursued the Director of Football model for several years now and it is as disjointed now as it was under Walsh and Koeman.

Ok, let’s say Liverpool put £65m up for Branthwaite. That means we have about £50m to spend with maybe 48-72 hours of the window left.

We’d have to move very quickly to spend that money well. The other challenge we have is that if the likes of Smith-Rowe, Anderson, Dewsbury-Hall, Carvalho, Gray and Summerville are going for £30-£40m then even that £50m won’t go very far.

It won’t happen. It would be absurd if it did.
All depends on the cash flows involved I guess. Insist on a large cash payment up front and spread it across several purchases with lower downpayments you could maybe stretch it I guess.

All hypothetical of course, but if a big offer comes in in the next two days, there's some thought to be given to it. I imagine by now we have a rough idea of targets and an idea of what is required to get them.

Personally if I was Thelwell, I'd sack Dyche if he's not using them.
That’s what the Director of Football role should be able to do, but Moshiri and previously Kenwright stick their nose in and ignore the DoF to just make a random knee jerk decision/ managerial appointment and leave is with more players a new manager says don’t fit the system they want to play.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back