Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

85m worth of players on the bench today, all bought while Dyche is manager.

Maybe Dyche thinks the players are crap and not worth playing.

Just to be on the safe side I think we need to sack Dyche & Thelwell and give the 2 vacancies to a pair of kids on their school holidays. I'm confident they wouldn't be as bad

All depends on the cash flows involved I guess. Insist on a large cash payment up front and spread it across several purchases with lower downpayments you could maybe stretch it I guess.

All hypothetical of course, but if a big offer comes in in the next two days, there's some thought to be given to it. I imagine by now we have a rough idea of targets and an idea of what is required to get them.

From a PR point of view, I expect we’d get 1-2 deals in place and perhaps at the point of medicals before any news breaks about offers being accepted for Branthwaite.

If it looks like, in the next few days, we start bidding £20m-£30m for a couple of players then i’ll start getting worried…..because it will almost certainly mean Jarrad is going somewhere.

Branthwaite going to Liverpool would be horrible. It would soften the blow if we had medicals going on for a £30m striker and a pacey £30m winger. I remember Spurs did something similar before Bale went to Madrid, they got their house in order, first, then sanctioned the sale.

Incredibly unlikely to happen.

And the tiny transfer pot we did was significantly used up on a centre back that the manager doesn’t want to use. We’ve pursued the Director of Football model for several years now and it is as disjointed now as it was under Walsh and Koeman.
My issue isn't that he's not playing O'Brien.
It's that he bought him in the first place.
More than any position (and we need a few) what was more important than centre mid who could at least try and control things when we actually get the ball?
Madness.

From a PR point of view, I expect we’d get 1-2 deals in place and perhaps at the point of medicals before any news breaks about offers being accepted for Branthwaite.

If it looks like, in the next few days, we start bidding £20m-£30m for a couple of players then i’ll start getting worried…..because it will almost certainly mean Jarrad is going somewhere.

Branthwaite going to Liverpool would be horrible. It would soften the blow if we had medicals going on for a £30m striker and a pacey £30m winger. I remember Spurs did something similar before Bale went to Madrid, they got their house in order, first, then sanctioned the sale.

Incredibly unlikely to happen.
I also wonder whether if it did come out that the RS were offering 70m for him whether the United ego would kick in, they'd hate to lose out on a player they desperately want to Liverpool.

More than any position (and we need a few) what was more important than centre mid who could at least try and control things when we actually get the ball?
Madness.
They either have to have been expecting JB to go, or his injury was bad enough to necessitate it.

But then why not play him?

Not much makes sense rn.

All depends on the cash flows involved I guess. Insist on a large cash payment up front and spread it across several purchases with lower downpayments you could maybe stretch it I guess.

All hypothetical of course, but if a big offer comes in in the next two days, there's some thought to be given to it. I imagine by now we have a rough idea of targets and an idea of what is required to get them.
Who in their right minds would sign for us? I’ll tell you what’s likely right now, Branthwaite will go to Utd, however don’t rule out a move across the park, we will get Chris Wood as a replacement for DCL who will definitely leave, possibly to europe, any money left over will go towards paying the wages/ running costs. Also forget about Textor, that had collapsed due to him taking a controlling interest in Palace, they have their own financial worries btw

Blame whoever you want. But if you spent over 38 mil in the window on non starters (in Obriens case can’t even get in the team with injuries all over) in a team that is this desperate for starting caliber players, you failed in the window.
100%

The decision to spend a significant fee on a 4th choice centre back was absurd.

If we don't get more players in, this summer is a 2/10 at best for recruitment. A complete and utter failure to recognise the key priorities.

Madness.
We did need a centre back of some description. Tarks wasn’t fit today, so really we could have started Keane, Holgate, Dixon and Myko as the back 4. And that would happen a few times in the season, and each time would be a sound drubbing. Buying a centre back “not ready” is the issue. Would have been as well loaning one with experience instead of Lindstrom. He has vision and quality but he’s not a winger and appears to be 5th choice no10 behind Doucs, McNiell, Harrison and Ndiaye.

Kev does some decent things on the cheap, but then some absolutely bizarre things with actual cash (Beto, O’Brien)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back