Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yup, if we could get a fee that could cover the loan fee and his wages I’d do that in an instant.

Fully agree.

Can cover up top and wing.
His work rate and nuisance would do more than anything DCL is doing now.

I'm praying it's on the table. Part of me thinks this is Richie intimating to Spurs he'd be keen on the move and hopefully that's because he's aware of interest.

Exactly.

1. Why sign O'Brien then when its obvious we needed more attacking players
2. Don't we still have 2 loan spots available?
3. The big one, if there are no funds the Dof needs to raise some. Any half decent Dof working to a plan (let's not even go there atm folks) has to make long term decisions for the good of the club, it may just be we need to move Branthwaite or DCL so that it allows us to bring in the 2/3 players we actually need long term. Long term thinking is Thelwells job after all.

There are numerous connotations tbh but the O'Brien thing is starting to look a bit weird, I thought we should have loaned a CB and used the money on an attacker myself.
Maybe they thought United would finally fold and pay the 65 million for Branthwaite so moved for O’Brien to cover it but United went elsewhere and screwed our thinking.

He's finding his feet in the league but for me easy to see where the hype is coming from. He's absolutely rapid and looks to take his man on every time. Sort of player where even if he's having an off day he gives defenders a lot to think about.

I have no doubt he could become a great player if he learns another trick than cutting in on his left foot into 3 defenders.

He could never hold the ball up when we had him the first time round.

I genuinely don't think we do that now. Remind me when DCL or Beto do it?

I think the role of a forward in a Dyche team is to win duels, get the ball and move it to a team mate who will then get us up the pitch ideally.

I know what your saying and it may be we are pony but I don't think our forwards have ever held the ball up under Dyche.

Any sale is good for us at this point, but would be a bit fuming if he ended up at Newcastle considering we had the opportunity to get Minteh the other way earlier in the window and couldn't sort out the deal then.
DCL to thank for that one, wouldn’t sign for us, wouldn’t take a deal at Newcastle, doesn’t seem willing to work hard in the meantime

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back